loss of power at 3/4 throttle

memesare

Local time
9:44 PM
i have it running fine, just got a new ngk sparky, new boot and got the carby cleaned out, it was going easily 47-52 kmh now it maxs out like 35-40 going flat but down hill obviously i gain power, was actually running it about 70 kmh last night, but yes i get to full throttle and it feels like its vibrating more and theres a significant power loss, any fix ive just broken the motor in ive been running it on 50:1 like the builder told me to use and that seems fine, not sure about the whole ruch/lean thing any thoughts?

i have it running fine, just got a new ngk sparky, new boot and got the carby cleaned out, it was going easily 47-52 kmh now it maxs out like 35-40 going flat but down hill obviously i gain power, was actually running it about 70 kmh last night, but yes i get to full throttle and it feels like its vibrating more and theres a significant power loss, any fix ive just broken the motor in ive been running it on 50:1 like the builder told me to use and that seems fine, not sure about the whole ruch/lean thing any thoughts?
Once past 3/4 throttle, all fueling is based on the size of the main jet. The needle regulates the mixture below that point. What carburetor do you have?
Not just what carb, but what engine too? 50:1 is way too little oil

any fix ive just broken the motor in ive been running it on 50:1 like the builder told me
Once past 3/4 throttle, all fueling is based on the size of the main jet. The needle regulates the mixture below that point. What carburetor do you have?
If you have a typical China Girl 2 stroke motor like most have here, we NEVER run them at 50:1 ratio, especially during the breakin period.
Typical breakin is usually 20:1 to 25:1 ratio and after breakin, no less oil than a 32:1 ratio on most of the normal China Girl motors.

If it's new and you ran it in a thin mixture AND gave it full beans, there is a very good chance you damaged the engine.

Tuning changes during break in, you may need to move the C-clip on the needle, even swap out the jet, but in your situation that engine is probably very upset.

Check head torque with the engine cool in between rides for the first few hundred miles.

If you have a typical China Girl 2 stroke motor like most have here, we NEVER run them at 50:1 ratio, especially during the breakin period.
Typical breakin is usually 20:1 to 25:1 ratio and after breakin, no less oil than a 32:1 ratio on most of the normal China Girl motors.
so can i got from 50:1 to 32:1 straight away or do i slowly need to mix in more oil with every tank?
If it's new and you ran it in a thin mixture AND gave it full beans, there is a very good chance you damaged the engine.

Tuning changes during break in, you may need to move the C-clip on the needle, even swap out the jet, but in your situation that engine is probably very upset.

Check head torque with the engine cool in between rides for the first few hundred miles.
it runs fine just the full throttle goes a bit slower gona grease and check for airleaks and other common issues before i start opening stuff up dont want anything to pop out on me and not know where it all goes

Go 32:1 straight away...4 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gasoline/petrol.

Hopefully it is not damaged already but time will tell pretty quickly.
i have a whole tank of 50:1 in it should run that through or tip it and go 32:1, what would be the tell that somethings damaged, i had a mechanic look at it he said it looked and ran fine the only probelm it goes a bit slower

Back