loss of power at 3/4 throttle

memesare

Local time
4:44 PM
i have it running fine, just got a new ngk sparky, new boot and got the carby cleaned out, it was going easily 47-52 kmh now it maxs out like 35-40 going flat but down hill obviously i gain power, was actually running it about 70 kmh last night, but yes i get to full throttle and it feels like its vibrating more and theres a significant power loss, any fix ive just broken the motor in ive been running it on 50:1 like the builder told me to use and that seems fine, not sure about the whole ruch/lean thing any thoughts?

yes hpefull it hasnt damaged at all cause its just started to slow down a week ago and only used it twice since
My pops ruined a 15 year old snow blower in 5 minutes not mixing oil.

So you can wipe out 2 strokes in a hurry.

Hopefully for you, because you were running thin, you were running rich and that made you "4-stroke" earlier.

That's basically when the engine can't burn or ignite all the fuel which leads to a misfire till next cycle when it clears away enough fuel to fire once again.

You DO want your engine to 4 stroke a bit at WOT and at full speed, it acts as a rev limiter that also puts extra oil in your engine.

If you have a typical China Girl 2 stroke motor like most have here, we NEVER run them at 50:1 ratio, especially during the breakin period.
Typical breakin is usually 20:1 to 25:1 ratio and after breakin, no less oil than a 32:1 ratio on most of the normal China Girl motors.
Just needed to tighten the the engine more and also changed the ratio to 32:1, now running 55kph on flat, extremely smooth ride

Just needed to tighten the the engine more and also changed the ratio to 32:1, now running 55kph on flat, extremely smooth ride
My pops ruined a 15 year old snow blower in 5 minutes not mixing oil.

So you can wipe out 2 strokes in a hurry.

Hopefully for you, because you were running thin, you were running rich and that made you "4-stroke" earlier.

That's basically when the engine can't burn or ignite all the fuel which leads to a misfire till next cycle when it clears away enough fuel to fire once again.

You DO want your engine to 4 stroke a bit at WOT and at full speed, it acts as a rev limiter that also puts extra oil in your engine.

Back