Engine Trouble Loss of top end speed

Mickey112233

Local time
10:54 PM
Hi Guys, It's me again... my Zeda 80 which many of ya'all are familiar with has approx 1500 miles has sadly developed a engine miss on acceleration and loss of top end speed. It seems like at WOT the rpms won't peak as they used to, my speed has dropped from 35 mph to a dismal 27mph. The bike has been running great until this , any advice on the direction I should head to diagnose and fix this problem would be greatly appreciated, you all have

The best thing to start with is baisc trouble shooting. Check the ignition components; coil, magneto gap, spark plug, CDI. Then check for any air ot exaust leaks, and double ch3ck the head bolt torque. Although your engine is broken in, it doesn't mean the head bolts can't loosen up over time. After that if conditions still don't improve, take a look and see what the bore looks like.

GW, Thank you for that info, I was kinda leaning towards ignition as the way it is stumbling as the revs climb like it's missing, I'm heading to the shop now to start the fix . I'll keep ya'all up onthe progress and much appreciated

Replace the cdi California motors catnip or be stage 2. There's no such thing as a regular high performance coil. Their all a lie. Believe me you will tell the difference once you do. But obviously check those first.

It's not mooing is it? (lean bog)

It might not be a bad idea to check/clean the carb to rule out fueling issues.

I am at my wits end and for the life of me I can't figure out what the F--- is going on with my Zeda 80, as previously known I was experiencing idle difficulties,high revving,irregular idle, loss of top end speed and down on power. I thought I had found the problem the magneto case had fuel/oil mixture in the case,I replaced the oil seal , made no differance, when I start the engine it revs uncontrollably I have to hit the kill switch. WTF???? I have checked and rechecked carb adjustments,air leaks,gaskets.........about to shelve this part of my life,sad but true.

I am at my wits end and for the life of me I can't figure out what the F--- is going on with my Zeda 80, as previously known I was experiencing idle difficulties,high revving,irregular idle, loss of top end speed and down on power. I thought I had found the problem the magneto case had fuel/oil mixture in the case,I replaced the oil seal , made no differance, when I start the engine it revs uncontrollably I have to hit the kill switch. WTF???? I have checked and rechecked carb adjustments,air leaks,gaskets.........about to shelve this part of my life,sad but true.
Sounds like an air leak or your bowl float is stuck or maladjusted.

I had both issues with my Avenger and they both caused throttle flaring.

Good Afternoon Ya'all, thank everyone for your time and help trying to determine and solve this insane problem {sometimes I think it's me, INSANE....} but your advice brings me back to focus !!! I am going to pull the carb and double check then recheck again all the adjustments,seals,possible leaks,throttle cable,slide,float height and need I say more? Very frustrating,must solider on,stiff upper lip and all that!! I will keep on it and once again Thanx be back with hopefully a good update

Back