Mid Atlantic MB/Whizzer Rally October 11-12

How loud was the Prototype?

Hi guys, well you-all schedualled that meet so far away that I was not able to make it this year, and even next year looks doubtful!

I was wondering how that prototype HS sounded with the pipe on it, as compared to Whizzers?

You see, yesterday I made up an EZ-Pipe, the type used by EZMotorbike, and since I did not have a fishtail, and the orig type will not fit my 1" Stainless Steel EZ-Pipe, mines a bit loud and kinda raspy! I have a GX50, and I can tell you that it is well enuf tuned (from the factory) that it does not back-rap, back-fire, nor did it ever miss even one time as I rode it, BUT my buddy said he heard it a city block away!

Was "Q's" bike louder than the newer style NE with baffle?

Mike

Hi guys, well you-all schedualled that meet so far away that I was not able to make it this year, and even next year looks doubtful!

I was wondering how that prototype HS sounded with the pipe on it, as compared to Whizzers?

You see, yesterday I made up an EZ-Pipe, the type used by EZMotorbike, and since I did not have a fishtail, and the orig type will not fit my 1" Stainless Steel EZ-Pipe, mines a bit loud and kinda raspy! I have a GX50, and I can tell you that it is well enuf tuned (from the factory) that it does not back-rap, back-fire, nor did it ever miss even one time as I rode it, BUT my buddy said he heard it a city block away!

Was "Q's" bike louder than the newer style NE with baffle?

Mike
Mike, it had a nice exhaust note, but not as loud as his WC-1 with the echo pipe and no baffle. I would say it's on a par with the NE5 with echo pipe and high-flo insert.

Loud pipes save lives!

HI Kilroy, thanks for the reply, I think I'll make a fishtail, with a perforated baffle like the H pipe has, I like a bit of noise, BUT I'm thinking my neighbors might not.

Mike

Back