More rake

I'm thinking of chopping the upper frame rail where it meets the head tube to give my bike just a little bit more rake, but I'm not sure how well it would work.
I think Sheldon Brown has a real good article about rake. I think if my minds serves me right, he explains & shows the different effects/handling of rake angle or head tube angle.

Extreme rake is very smooth 20mph an up. It will give you the confidence that is needed for traveling at oh s**t speeds. I Will do it to evey bike i EVER own. Adding rear footpegs is how you get rid of the wierdness of turning. And going slow. By placing your feet behind you on the pegs it shifts your center mass forwad instead of strait up. Normal foot placement on the peddels keeps.your. mass equal with that of the bike. SoTurning is done with 90% of the handle bars. Turning with feet behind you is done with leaning into the turn with your body just like a crotch rocket. You wont have to turn the handle bars barely at all. leaning will keep the bike stable because you are in cotrol of the banking and radius of turn not the bike . Just make sure you use semi slick tires or a good rounded shape tread on your tires

Also if you attempt to do this you will have to weld a support plate or gusset at the botom of your neck tube over to the frame down tub just for safe measures. Since its stretch out farther it will be under much more stress and the tube thickness Was not meant for that setup. So this will prevent splitting or hairine fractures. Heres what that will look like on both sides of the neck. Mines not welded yet mind you but it will be
20230226_035034.jpg

Also if you attempt to do this you will have to weld a support plate or gusset at the botom of your neck tube over to the frame down tub just for safe measures. Since its stretch out farther it will be under much more stress and the tube thickness Was not meant for that setup. So this will prevent splitting or hairine fractures. Heres what that will look like on both sides of the neck. Mines not welded yet mind you but it will beView attachment 187855
If I do chop it I will use an old sprocket to make the gussets. Old sprockets make pretty cool gussets

IDK about that, Choppers have extreme rake and the rider cruise's comfortably

But a rake on a BTR and a drastic forward riding style, is not a very comfortable position for hrs of riding, Obviously rider chosen

IDK about that, Choppers have extreme rake and the rider cruise's comfortably

But a rake on a BTR and a drastic forward riding style, is not a very comfortable position for hrs of riding, Obviously rider chosen
Yes but a chopper with a lot of rake usually has the rider sitting low in the bike and the bars high up. As for a boardtracker not the ideal setup visually. Anyone attempting to build a boardtracker already should know its not going to be comfortable. As the building styl of a tracker is meant for speed

Back