Motorized bike choke lever loose

Kash66

Local time
5:37 AM
Hi I'm new to motorized bike, and I posted a lot of threads about my motorized bike loosing power and making a grinding noise when on full throttle, well today I open up my carb and I found that the choke lever was fully loose, it was dangling around. I tightened it. Before I put the carb back, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if that could have causes the power loss in my bike and the grinding noise on full throttle. Also when the choke lever was loose, my bike had been consuming a lot of gas, by a lot I mean a lot, the whole gas in the filter disappeared in a minute an anyone also tell me if the choke lever causes that.

thanks guys for all the feedback,
special thanks to Cylon for replying to everyone of my threads

Last edited:
Yes, the choke lever being loose could cause loss of power but so will a loose head gasket and a loose intake.

Lol thanks, I took of the head and tightened it an x pattern it should be fine now, also I took off the intake and cleaned it up and then tightened it well and now I think it's not leaking. Butter bean, can the choke lever being loose cause my engine too make a grinding sound while on full throttle.

Thanks for the help

I think the grinding noise you are hearing is the engine trying to start. If the choke lever is loose, then it's not starting and its flooding the engine. What you need to do is pull the spark plug and pedal around the block, pull the clutch in and let it out a couple times, then wait for the spark plug to dry which will probably take all night, put the plug back in in the morning and try to start again but in the mean time you need to get a lock washer on that choke lever so it doesn't come loose again or you will have the same problem.

My engine starts, I hear the grinding noise when I drive it around and put full throttle, could the grinding noise be the choke moving back and forth and side to side inside the carb. Also as I said my engine drinks a lot of gas, could that have also been causes by the very loose choke.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry for the noob question but what do you mean by seeing if my spark plug is running rich. Well I am running rich on oil because I've noticed my mixture is very blue and the bike smokes light blue or white smoke.

If you take out your spark plug and examine the tip area and the porcelain around the tip area you can judge if its burning lean or rich. Lean means your fuel to air mixture has too much air and not enough fuel. Rich has too much fuel and not enough air. Ideally the tip area should be tannish colored, if its blackish colored it will mean its running rich. Once you know the answer to lean, rich or ideal you will adjust your carb settings accordingly. Its safer to run too rich versus too lean so if you adjust it be sure and follow up by checking your plug for the next few rides to see if you have it where you need it to be.

That will depend on what type of carburetor you have. Most will have some method for you to make adjustments to your air/fuel mixture ratio. Once you find out what carb you have you can do a Google search for how to adjust it.

Back