Motorized trailer

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by WorkingOnWise, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Next spring my wife and I plan on motoring around Michigan and Wisconsin with our 3 dogs and camping gear. We figure that the total weight for each of our rigs will be in the 550-625 lb range, counting our weight. Thats a lotta weight to haul around, so what do u all think about this?
    We have 2 McCulloch 32cc engines, and parts to make 2 bike trailers, including a drive wheel for each.
    How about a motorized trailer to provide the added hp for when we are really loaded?
    I know that the total displacement would then be about 80cc, but being 2 engines, on 2 different vehicles, I think it is enough of a gray area that I can still consider my rig legal.

I figure I'd get a nice sturdy ball socket for the hitch, to take the pressure.

So, what do u think?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2007

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

sounds interesting !!!
  3. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Throttles might be tough to synchronize. But it seems like it should be doable. Interesting idea.
  4. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:log onto the STATON site. if Dave can motorize a wheelbarrow, a trailer should not be too difficult to do.

proper gearing will be the solution to your weight problem. and it's not gonna be cheap.:shock: