Motorizing a Giant (brand) Bicycle

HseLoMein

Local time
4:01 PM
Hello All,

I was at my local bike shop buying new pedals for my shifter kit. I was broswing through their collection and i came across a commuter bike that is made by Giant Bicycles. It is an aluminum alloy frame, which they call their alloy "Aluxx". It also comes with disk brakes , fenders, spring seat and a rack with straps. Do you think that the bike will be safe with that engine and a shifter kit on it.

Here is the specs of the bike.
Hello All,

I was at my local bike shop buying new pedals for my shifter kit. I was broswing through their collection and i came across a commuter bike that is made by Giant Bicycles. It is an aluminum alloy frame, which they call their alloy "Aluxx". It also comes with disk brakes , fenders, spring seat and a rack with straps. Do you think that the bike will be safe with that engine and a shifter kit on it.

Here is the specs of the bike.
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/lifestyle/2306/32161/

Will the engine vibrate the bike apart:eek:

Last edited:
by the way, i just looked at that link again and i'm not sure you'll have enough room in that frame for the jackshaft.

i hope someone with that experience will give some insight on that.

steve

Good point, I just measured mine and you need a minimum of 2 1/4 inches of room behind the seat post.
I'd go for it if it will fit and if you can get it for that sale price, they are a great bike.

yes but that's 2.25" how far above the the bottom bracket ? it looks to me like the wheel is CLOSE to the seat post in the critical area.

steve

Back