My 70cc nrg take a while to reach full throttle

Gilerarunnersp

Local time
11:05 AM
My 70cc nrg will take long to reach top speed with sometimes not even making it but sometimes if you do full throttle it will give it to you all at once
Please help please

Is this an atv or something else? Is it 2 stroke or 4, we had a mini quad that had this problem only on flats... Slight incline or downhill and it worked good, had a bent intake turned out from when it got dropped on a down tree.

Nobody noticed it for years till it happened again and the intake snapped. Only after looking at it could you see it would hold a carburetor just wrong enough. Also had a crack in the carb that was not seen and probably sucked air or gas at the wrong time or even acted as a overflow. It was a weird Japanese thing with a metal box and rubber things in it and whatever. Always smelled like it was leaking fuel..

Last edited:
sounds like you may need to lean out your mixture at your pin 1 notch up droping the needle and almost definatly a larger main jet are my first thoughts

incase u dont know about adjusting that needle 1 clip up to lean out ie give more air to your mid range

idle to part throttle air fuel is adjusted at pilot / air screw

midrange at needle

top end by flow amount at main jet

be aware of how to read your spark plug black plugs r to much fuel white over hot too much air see chart

spark-plug-condition-chart.jpg

The 70cc nrg is a scooter with centrifugal clutch,variator and cvd type drive. And when the weighted rollers wear and or start to stick you could be trying to pull away from a stop in to low of a ratio to let the engine unload properly, Or if they stick in the high ratio then the engine revs right up and unloads quickly!

Back