My bike's have passed their first birthday!

bluegoatwoods

Local time
4:04 PM
I was just looking over my photo gallery entries and it seems that I built my first bikes during the second and third week of April, 2008.

And they're still going strong. Not without some tinkering and parts replacement, but it hasn't been too burdensome.

Nice machines.

My only regret, looking at the photos, is how nice the chrome mufflers and the engines looked back then compared to how dirty (engines) and rusty (mufflers) are now. But that's not a big issue. I guess I do want the first one to be as good looking as possible. But the second one is strictly utilitarian. Looks is pretty unimportant.

Let's see here....magnetos on both, clutch handle on one, home-made throttle cable on one, miscellaneous tinkering and mods (small mods)

As for non-engine stuff, one tire on one bike and perhaps two on the other. Rear wheels on both bikes. Some brake pads. But now we're getting into stuff that you'll replace in a year on any bicycle.

And I ride quite a bit. They're not my only transport. I can't get away from the auto just yet. But I ride a lot when the car is not absolutely necessary.

These bikes haven't done so badly at all.

Back