My first impression of the Grubee SkyHawk GT5A

Just ordered one a few minutes ago. Now I've got nearly everything besides a couple aftermarket parts that I like to use. I'll start assembling my Skyhawk once I'm finished with the frame. Awesome :cool:

Good to hear. You are getting there quicker then I am but I am getting there.

My motor went out on me im tryna decide if i wanna go with the gt5a or the gt80 help please never had either

My motor went out on me im tryna decide if i wanna go with the gt5a or the gt80 help please never had either

I had this choice and I rather spend less on a better quality motor and build it my self the way I want it. Might have a little more in it in the end but will be running all the best quality parts I can find not clone. Gurbee, Mikuni, Motor works made in USA head and so on. Just my two cents. Keep in mind the GT80 is 66cc.

Thanks for the reply it was really bothering me i have one of those heads from motor works how much h.p. you think the gt5a will get and what about the cranks are the balanced

I do not take a lot of stock in claimed HP ratings. I all so am not looking for all out HP but a few more HP for better troupe as well to pull my fat ass. LOL I have seen engines half this sizes make easily 5 to 7 HP but even this much on these engines I think it would not be near as reliability.

Thanks for the reply it was really bothering me i have one of those heads from motor works how much h.p. you think the gt5a will get and what about the cranks are the balanced

Have not run mine yet as I am taking it all apart to see what I can do about balancing and check the true of the crank. I will all so be setting the crank end play. Then on to the cylinder and piston.

Have not run mine yet as I am taking it all apart to see what I can do about balancing and check the true of the crank. I will all so be setting the crank end play. Then on to the cylinder and piston.

I wish i knew how to do all those things i live in dallas tx i cant find any who knows how to i think i messed my last engine up trying to tinker with it

I wish i knew how to do all those things i live in dallas tx i cant find any who knows how to i think i messed my last engine up trying to tinker with it

I am sure the GT80 crank is not any better then the GT5A if as good. I will know more when I get mine take all apart.

Back