My motor mount broke how do I fix it?

Zephyn.bh1

Local time
3:30 AM
The front bracket motor mount broke on my two-stroke engine what should I do and how should I fix it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 163
Try to get those bolts out of the case first.
Then if the case isn't stripped get some m6x1.0 high grade bolts (think its like grade 5 or grade 8.8) and bolt it up!
If there stripped then get some 1/4 bolts (same length) and just carefully tighten them in there. Should make it a lot stronger.

And the reason they failed was becuase the motor mount isn't flush with the adapter. So loosen the rear bolts and adjust the motor flush.

Hope this helps!

get some m6x1.0 high grade bolts...
If there stripped then get some 1/4 bolts (same length) and just carefully tighten them in there.

Lol!!! Who cares if it’s cross threaded... if it’s tight it’s tight eh?

If the m6 are stripped he’d have to drill and tap for either a bigger bolt, or helicoils.

Lol!!! Who cares if it’s cross threaded... if it’s tight it’s tight eh?

If the m6 are stripped he’d have to drill and tap for wither a bigger bolt, or helicoils.
He Probably is going to need a helicoil,
But i figured 1/4 is close enough that he can make new threads with it, (and hopefully not f*** it up) without spending a lot on a tap and die set.

To try and make new threads in a striped out hole with a bigger bolt is not a good Idea it will only strip again.
Then you'll need to Hog it out and insert a 6mm Helicoil. A 6mm Helicoil set is $30
Just go and buy a $5 tap 1/4" x 20 and do it right the first time.
6mm x 1.25 striped out threads are fixed all the time by taping the hole to 1/4" x 20
Grade 5 should be fine just don't over torque it.

Back