My posterior is complaining, need recommendations

I'm going to second Ollicat's Cloud-nine. My wife loves her's and every body knows if the Wife is not happy no one is. LOL

Here's my 2 cents. The Cruzbike

The wife of the Distributor of this Bike drove a racing version to a 12 hour endurance record 2 years running. The last I heard was that she did 216 miles.

Just Google Cruzbike for more info.

Of course my bike here is 40 lbs heavier and finishes out just over $1000 bucks including the Golden Eagle engine. Swwweeeeetttt! Its so comfortable I have to remind myself this is exercise. he he he

Attachments

• IMG_1248a.jpg
    IMG_1248a.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 279
To me, the bigger the saddle, the cooler the bike looks. The whole idea is comfort,
no one sees your saddle when your on it. The most comfortable is a Brooks Touring
Saddle. Full of springs, and very uncomfortable until broken in. One it breaks in,
it molds itself to your body, and becomes extremely comfortable. Break in can take a dozon or so rides.

I'm going to second Ollicat's Cloud-nine. My wife loves her's and every body knows if the Wife is not happy no one is. LOL

Here's my 2 cents. The Cruzbike

The wife of the Distributor of this Bike drove a racing version to a 12 hour endurance record 2 years running. The last I heard was that she did 216 miles.

Just Google Cruzbike for more info.

Of course my bike here is 40 lbs heavier and finishes out just over $1000 bucks including the Golden Eagle engine. Swwweeeeetttt! Its so comfortable I have to remind myself this is exercise. he he he

That is one cool looking machine. I just don't like the laying back so far when riding. Wonder if the seats can be brought up a little more vertical.

A good seat

I tried every seat I could find and fianlly settled on the attached pic,as you can see it is a banana seat with a buddy seat off a Honda motorcycle bolted on,riding on a sissy bar with springs. It took all my pain away.

Fat Daddy

Attachments

• Chink powered scooter.jpg
    Chink powered scooter.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 259
BROOKES heavy duty saddles, made in the UK are some of the best in the world and your behind will love you forever....

I really like the Cloud 9 conventional seats by Sunlite. ($15-30) on Amazon or Niagaracycle.com

I have the nashbar suspension post too. Look inside the post for a hex screw. If you loosen it some, the seatpost will be more active (preload). Try centering your weight over the post also, to help it move more smoothly.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pu...JUpftPOA1TGuTJcI6-dabjuEBW1G53ONQdNfu__bLO7lg Cloud 9 saddle

Last edited:
Here is a schwinn cruiser seat with bumpers/elastomers. I am not sure if this is right, but it looks like you get 3 for $33 with free shipping. It says "master carton of 3". I don't know what that means.

http://www.metroplextrading.com/p-8366-schwinn-reflective-cruiser-saddle.aspx

I currently have a schwinn seat that came off a Walmart Schwinn hybrid bike with a spring seatpost. Its pretty good.

Install some ape hanger handlebars, it'll keep your back straight and you'll sit more properly on the bike. And yes and no. I do mean just taller handlebars, not literal ape hangers, but if you can get an extra 6-9 inches, I think that'd do you wonders. Check out cruiser handlebars in BMX catalogues.

Install some ape hanger handlebars, it'll keep your back straight and you'll sit more properly on the bike. And yes and no. I do mean just taller handlebars, not literal ape hangers, but if you can get an extra 6-9 inches, I think that'd do you wonders. Check out cruiser handlebars in BMX catalogues.

I've used BMX bars for that reason.....makes a world of difference.

Back