My Zbox 48cc HT Build!

ok, and disaster strikes!

I sucessfully rode to work and back today, no problems at all. Except when I pulled into my carpark at home, I noticed that there seemed to be a bit of movement in the headset. Oh no's. Oh well, should overhaul that anyway.....

Ordered the bearings from ebay, think, hmm, should replace the front brake shoes as well. Hmm, that cable outer is a bit shabby, might renew it. Hmm, shifter and brake cables are all frayed, it's only a couple of bucks, why not.. the list goes on... 50 bux later! :)

I was in Kmart this evening, and was looking at the cycle computers there. Looked at a huffy 9 function computer, for $24 figure it's worth a shot. Along with a rack for the back.

Get home put it on, go for a test ride. It works like a dream. Park the bike, go back upstairs for 5 minutes, come back down, and find a big pool of fuel underneath it! at this point, I'm trying to figure out where it's coming from! Found that the fuel line had split at the carb. Lucky it happened parked, not riding! Will go to repco tomorrow and find some better fuel hose.

Can anyone tell me the ID of the hose I should be using?

i think i use 4mm fuel line at top
same in clear pvc at bottom.
this size must be set out somewhere.
I think i measured the standard FL with a ruler.

main thing is to use small cable ties.
I now have four of them on the top one near fuel tap.

two on the carb line
and two above and below the fuel filter
this prolly prevents splits.

you must use cable ties to prevent leaks

I've been through petrol issues, so I know when I solve one. cable ties are now my new friends. Earlier on in this journey with my motor, I had fuel leaks at about 6 different places...I used to ride it to help it evaporate. So KP, if you're good with those speedo things, I got one given to me for Christmas I still need to install....hint hint.

caint wait til we assemble the same thing for me.
I have the light, the bulbs, just need battery and moutings...

looking forward to the night-the car headlights are on my bike :)

Back