Neat little Moped

I love that, and there's dealer 45 minutes away from where I'm moving. I want to buy one now.
The shame is the price of them has gone up so much. Just a couple of years ago Lazer mopeds were only about $1000.

The fun part is, the Lazer 6 is apparently an easy bike to do a 125cc auto shift swap on to, meaning you could put This Engnie on it for a mere $199 more, spend the time to sort out the wiring, elongate the rear exhaust mount hole, and go from 2-ish HP to nearly 8hp.

It's one of those impractical, but "cool and I want to do it" things.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The shame is the price of them has gone up so much. Just a couple of years ago Lazer mopeds were only about $1000.

The fun part is, the Lazer 6 is apparently an easy bike to do a 125cc auto shift swap on to, meaning you could put This Engnie on it for a mere $199 more, spend the time to sort out the wiring, elongate the rear exhaust mount hole, and go from 2-ish HP to nearly 8hp.

Oh yeah, I decided I want one. I'll probably get one before I get any of the other toys I want simply because it is practical and a very simple base for a fun build. It also isn't super expensive. Maybe a bit much for what it is, but you can't even get a honda ruckus for that much,nso I think it's worth the money

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Oh yeah, I decided I want one. I'll probably get one before I get any of the other toys I want simply because it is practical and a very simple base for a fun build. It also isn't super expensive. Maybe a bit much for what it is, but you can't even get a honda ruckus for that much,nso I think it's worth the money
"similar" to my MOTOPED but without the sophisticated jackshaft for pedaling and the articulating rear triangle suspension. we have a dealer 30 minutes away... going to check it out

It would be a fun thing to have especially if you lived in a small town and just need to travel a few miles.

It would be a fun thing to have especially if you lived in a small town and just need to travel a few miles.

Yeah, or a fun little urban crawler for dense areas where speed limits rarely exceed 30mph. That thing also has a nearly 2 gallon tank, and I bet gets at least 100mpg. Being based on the Honda horizontal engine and built by the same factory that produces Kymco engines, it' guaranteed to be extremely reliable, and even if something does go wrong the parts are dirt cheap. I love small, simple, cheap, low impact, low cost, and easy to work on stuff like that Moped. Plus, they are just a hoot to ride, how I look be damned.

I would absolutely own something like this if I didn't live where I live. It's the same reason I went to an E-bike to ride on instead of a 2 stroke. I can take the E-bike on trails that shortcut a lot of major highways. I can literally ride from north to south or east to west in my city and do 80-90% of it on a trail. Gas powered bikes are not allowed on those trails, only the roads. That wouldn't be so bad, but most of the roads around me are at a minimum 35mph, most 45, and some of the highest traffic routes in the region. Just too much of a death wish, which is why I chose my Hawk 250, or if not that a 150cc gy6 based scooter, because they can keep up with that traffic and the speeds being traveled. I am considering selling off my Hawk for whatever I can get for it and getting a Lifan scooter, this one in particular, the KPV150, because it kind of offers me the best of both worlds, and being EFI it gets basically 100mpg, and has a nearly 3 gallon tank. It's a blatant rip-off of the Honda ADV160 scooter, but half the price and easier to find.

Way cool, wonder how an adult would fit on it? There's a lot there for the money.

Yeah, or a fun little urban crawler for dense areas where speed limits rarely exceed 30mph. That thing also has a nearly 2 gallon tank, and I bet gets at least 100mpg. Being based on the Honda horizontal engine and built by the same factory that produces Kymco engines, it' guaranteed to be extremely reliable, and even if something does go wrong the parts are dirt cheap. I love small, simple, cheap, low impact, low cost, and easy to work on stuff like that Moped. Plus, they are just a hoot to ride, how I look be damned.

I would absolutely own something like this if I didn't live where I live. It's the same reason I went to an E-bike to ride on instead of a 2 stroke. I can take the E-bike on trails that shortcut a lot of major highways. I can literally ride from north to south or east to west in my city and do 80-90% of it on a trail. Gas powered bikes are not allowed on those trails, only the roads. That wouldn't be so bad, but most of the roads around me are at a minimum 35mph, most 45, and some of the highest traffic routes in the region. Just too much of a death wish, which is why I chose my Hawk 250, or if not that a 150cc gy6 based scooter, because they can keep up with that traffic and the speeds being traveled. I am considering selling off my Hawk for whatever I can get for it and getting a Lifan scooter, this one in particular, the KPV150, because it kind of offers me the best of both worlds, and being EFI it gets basically 100mpg, and has a nearly 3 gallon tank. It's a blatant rip-off of the Honda ADV160 scooter, but half the price and easier to find.

If more people rode motorcycles and mopeds or even compact cars, congestion would be so much better, You don't need a 7 passenger SUV or 10MPG lifted truck to carry one person to work.

I would ride my Phatmoto everywhere if people weren't such idiots, a woman near my home died on a motorcycle a few nights ago.

If more people rode motorcycles and mopeds or even compact cars, congestion would be so much better, You don't need a 7 passenger SUV or 10MPG lifted truck to carry one person to work.

I would ride my Phatmoto everywhere if people weren't such idiots, a woman near my home died on a motorcycle a few nights ago.
One thing I hate are diesel trucks. You get stopped next to one at a light with your window down, or even behind it you're breathing black fumes. M/C and a bicycle the same. Then there's those black coal runners. Those should lose their DL or shoot the Fer's.

That bike is way cool at 125cc. Wonder what the extra cost is to bring up to what he has in the video?

Back