Engine Trouble Need help pls - Bike Wont Start

Bary Kiddo

Local time
8:36 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been struggling hard with my brand new motorized bike for about 5 months now, and I can't figure out why it won't start. I strongly suspect it's an ignition issue. I've got fuel, and I installed the kit on a bike. The ignition might be weak, but it's usual, and there's sometimes misfires, rarely. One day I even ignitited few drops of fuel inside the little 2-stroke engine with another fire in front of the exhaust, and it burned as hell, so that's the only thing that has worked so far. 🔥

I don't know what else to do. It's a brand-new one, but no start. Of course, I've read the manual, but apparently it's poorly translated from China and not helpful at all. It has incorrect images, unclear pictures, wrong information, spelling errors, and much more. Just a very poor, poor quality for this money! I threw the manual and the white cable I learned it draws power away. I have a CDI with a red boot and a red carburetor without a primer button. I lost the choke once and crafted a new one myself. The chain broke once, but I finally replaced it.

It's been a while, and the weather obviously was okay, 55°F, not too hot or cold for the engine. I disassembled the kill switch, and the clutch is working well. I have no idea why it won't start! Strangely, the spark plug, which is brand new, only gets power when the red cable is connected to the black cable of the CDI, and the black cable is connected to the red cable of the CDI. The manufacturer only suggested push-starting the engine, but, well, that isn’t going. I rode downhill and more, even though I've put in so much effort! It's just a small motor though

I would appreciate it if y’all help me out. Thanks!

Maybe the China Spark Plug is no good, Get a NGK S/P
Better spell things out in detail, I am looking at the syntax of the OPs wordings And I do not think English is the first language of the OP.

I am guessing it may be French as his first language.

Last edited:
There are a few simple trouble shooting thing you can do. After rolling down hill with the choke closed (on)and no start or fire at all, check the plug.

If it is wet with gas you have a spark issue, if dry you have a fuel issue. One step at a time will get it sorted out.

Better spell things out in detail, I am looking at the syntax of the OPs wordings And I do not think English is the first language of the OP.

I am guessing it may be French as his first language.
It might sound different, but thanks for pointing that out! I’ll try my best

There are a few simple trouble shooting thing you can do. After rolling down hill with the choke closed (on)and no start or fire at all, check the plug.

If it is wet with gas you have a spark issue, if dry you have a fuel issue. One step at a time will get it sorted out.
The spark plug doesn't seem rich; it looks (very) lean. Despite having both fuel and some air, that's not a problem. Also, it does not appear that much has been burned on the spark plug. It still looks brand new, as there are no visible black spots or the like.

Back