No clue what I'm doing... No start...I'm back and I need help to make it right.

Here's a good guide to tuning. Spark plug burn is a great guide for tuning
Spark plug color chart.jpg

scan0001.jpg

And here is an oil mix chart. For the first 300 miles you want 20 to 1 with conventional oil. 25 to one full synthetic after that
Screenshot_20230116-093904.png

I take full blame for my phantom failure don't think Im by any means placing fault else where I own up to my mistakes and I hate to ask for help but this time it's necessary.
I appreciate and respect anybody that has the ability to claim ownership of a mistake. I wasn't judging you for damaging the engine as you were working with information that you believed was trustworthy. This is the damage that fake "experts" can do to people learning, and you are the victim of it.

Ok, well I'm back I have a new jug for my 52mm phantom v3 engine. A lot of people on here were very helpful the other day and am wondering if I can get a clue on how I should set the carberator up. Like.. What line should I have it on. I've always dropped it to the second line but I don't want my engine all messed up this time so could I get some pointers on this aspect and any other great knowledge and advice anyone has for me to get this thing to puurrrr!
Put it in the middle or one below, it will 4 stroke at full throttle but you don't want to go full throttle for at least 300 miles.

Moderators Note:
These two different threads were beginning to get confused with each other, so in order to keep ongoing helpful advice consistant, I have merged both threads together and am showing the title of both threads together on this one that started it all.
Below are examples from the two different threads saying essentially the same thing which prompted my reasons to combine both threads.

OK, Your elevation above sea level is around 1109 feet

I would start out with your C clip on the needle valve in the middle groove/notch of the needle...If it four strokes alot during breakin, don't worry about it, it will actually run cooler that way during breakin and will mean your running rich...These Phantoms like running pig rich during breakin.
this pic will show you which way is leaner or richer.
Slide Needle Grooves.JPG

That needle you have is an oddball coming off of a BoFeng carburetor from a Phantom 85 motor kit...It only has 4 grooves, not 5 for the C clip placement from what I can see when I magnify the pic...Place the clip one more groove down, (richer), from where it is now.
Put it in the middle or one below, it will 4 stroke at full throttle but you don't want to go full throttle for at least 300 miles.

That needle you have is an oddball coming off of a BoFeng carburetor from a Phantom 85 motor kit...It only has 4 grooves, not 5 for the C clip placement from what I can see when I magnify the pic...Place the clip one more groove down, (richer), from where it is now.
OK I'm glad I read this I hadn't changed it yet and just seen this

Also... Have you ever seen one of these I just got it and want to get it running the kid that sold it to me thought it to be blown.. But it started so I don't think that's what the problem. Is I'm cleaning it as we speak so I can take and tear it down and relube everything. Any ideas on what it is or maybe what I should plan on.

Attachments

• 17070203152163142847399134280425.jpg
    17070203152163142847399134280425.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 17070203489816699101550928148958.jpg
    17070203489816699101550928148958.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 35
I appreciate and respect anybody that has the ability to claim ownership of a mistake. I wasn't judging you for damaging the engine as you were working with information that you believed was trustworthy. This is the damage that fake "experts" can do to people learning, and you are the victim of it.
Ty but I'm not necessarily a victim I'm just human and so are they. Maybe someone gave them that info so they ran with it. Doesn't make it right but it does happen. And not for nothing it led me to this group so can't say I can complain.

Ty but I'm not necessarily a victim I'm just human and so are they. Maybe someone gave them that info so they ran with it. Doesn't make it right but it does happen. And not for nothing it led me to this group so can't say I can complain.
Oh yeah... And here is a statement that always makes sense..I learned it at a young age and it stuck. You can't learn unless you fail. We are all subject to fail, so we should never look down at ourselves as a failure we should just look up to ourselves because we are learning. After that you can overcome what lies ahead in any other failure just to know you will learn the next big thing you were meant to know.

Back