New Build Hardtail vs full suspension?

Illegal

Local time
6:25 PM
I'm planing my first build and was set on finding a full suspension mountain bike. After hours of searching i cant find anything under $200 that will fit a 80cc 2 stroke and shift kit. Most only have front suspension.

I'm wondering if its even worth having the rear suspension. It is my understanding that suspension robs power and ads weight. Specially rear suspension. But it does makes a much smoother ride and you can get much better control and handling specially when off-roading which i do plan on doing a lot of.

However i do plan on using for commuting to and from work everyday about 14 miles round trip. Which is full of potholes and has a few rail crossings.

Would front suspension be enough for me? or should hold out till i can find a cheap full suspension or save more money? Does it really make a huge difference off road or is it just for comfort? would it rob me of enough power to be a noticeable difference in acceleration?

Also do disk brakes make a lot of a difference in stopping power? how about if you plan on regularly going 40+ mph?

I don't bother with full suspension builds. hardtails are fine. Miami roads are great compared to my roads, and I'm perfectly comfortable with just a sprung saddle and front suspension.

my bike is capable of exceeding 50 miles per hour and I feel like the mechanical disc brake on the front of my bike isn't good enough. sooner or later I'll be switching to a larger rotor (if I can find one that fits the old style 4 bolt hubs) and possibly hydraulic disc brakes, or at least some fancy pads for the mechanicals I've got. anything less than the mechanical disc on my bike and I'd have been dead ages ago.

For commuting to work, I think a suspension seat post works better than actual rear suspension.
I lot of cyclists don't like suspension seat posts because the seat will bob up-and-down during hard pedaling.
We normally don't pedal hard on motorized bikes except for starting from a traffic light or stop sign.
Rear suspension requires a longer chain and a spring loaded chain tensioner.
Forget the rear suspension unless you plan to ride tough, off road trails.

Back