POWER PIPE. Hand built and tuned from scrap

i like them. havnt really got
t to use them at all with all the
problems the bike has been having. today one of the thread holes on the exhaust port fricken split in half. I gotta find a way to make it work cause im not doing another cylinder. way to much time
That sucks, can you post a picture? maybe you can get someone to tig it back together? If not then I guess it's time to see if JB weld and duct tape is all its cracked up to be 🤣.

i just ran it to test my pipe. its held a bolt in it with a whole tube of superglue. temporary obviously. But on a good note I got my powerband back and when the pipe hits it last longer than the first one did. 2.5inch header length and 18inches to the end of first cone

i like them. havnt really got
t to use them at all with all the
problems the bike has been having. today one of the thread holes on the exhaust port fricken split in half. I gotta find a way to make it work cause im not doing another cylinder. way to much time
Have you tried the aluminum solder? I haven't used the stuff yet but I have seen some nice looking repairs with it. I believe it is mostly zinc so it would be soft but you may be able to re-tap the hole and get some life out of it if you sealed it with the hi-temp copper gasket maker.

Brazing is relatively easy, like soldering but hotter, and should handle the heat of the exhaust gas.
I don't think regular brazing rod will stick to aluminum, I believe you need the aluminum (zinc) stuff. Could be wrong, after all someone once thought I was wrong but they were mistaken.

Sorry, used to iron. Brazing is great for small scale stuff. Don't need a crazy oxy- acetylene set up, just a propane torch will do. Silver solder works great but melts at relatively low temps.

Back