Clutch New clutch pads from BGF

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by fritznbud, Aug 30, 2010.

1. fritznbud

fritznbud Member

Today i recieved a set of round pads, or pucks, from good 'ol Boygofast and am quite impressed. I'd a posted on the vendor thread but i dont have enough threads yet. A phone call from Rick to take my visa info because i do not and never will play the paypal. Quick ship and all for a $10!! The pads need to be sanded to fit and a dremel tool is a time saver. BGF is the one and only vendor that sell the round pads. They are 1/4" thick when new so if your pads are worn down 1/16" or more, you have no clutch no mo'.:sweatdrop:

2. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Be careful with the Dremel rout, or any power sanding device.
    Nobody knows just exactly what the friction pads are made out of and they very easily could contain some asbestos. I do not recommend breathing the dust in any way, shape, or form.

I trimmed my pads with a box knife.
  3. fritznbud

fritznbud Member

For sure, there was alot of black powder when i was done, and i did it in my living room. A less messy job if you do it by hand, but i gotta say, i wrapped the entire exhaust of my 73' shrimp trawler with pure asbestos back in the day and i used to be able to taste the odor from breathing so much of it. These pads are very hard and it would be tough to get a smooth and round finish by hand cutting them.