new Dax Titan 4-stroke

from what i know (there will be some nice pics in the review, coming soon) grades are gonna be a breeze. it packs a lot of power, from what i know to now, and you'll be able to change the lower sprocket to any happy-time available to match your riding environment.

however, and you'll see what i mean...i think it won't be long before a quick-change setup is available for the jackshaft.

arrg, fedex bumped the delivery back a day...it'll be here on saturday. as soon as i officially have it, i will post the good closeups duane sent me.

Egor

Interesting post Hot70. I have ported all of the happy time engines I have, and there is room to do some more but what is the point, I think approaching 40 MPH is enough. All my engines are bushing and they all have a lot of miles on them, none of mine have failed, and I ride with Whizzers. In the hills happy will run away from the Whizzes. Don't include me in your rantings, there is something you are doing wrong. If I were to abuse my bikes I think I could bust the engine in about a day, but if you listen and have a feeling for the little (happy time engine) YOU can make it go a long time. What do you think 199.00 will buy? I worked for Honda for too many years to mention I had a lot of customers that could break a machine that no one else could, you have to get a feeling for the Machine. Hope you can have some fun, Dave
PS: I did a little math and it looks like just during the official years at Honda I worked on over 10,400 motorcycles, that does no include all the race bikes and the customs. And I still go over to So. Bay moto, and help. Still counting.

I'm not talking about all happy times, just one. How can i be doing something wrong, Ive done the break in correctly, went 500miles before full throttle, all fuel mixes proper. But as soon as you start runnin full throttle thats when the problems start. 2 cylinders gone bad from rings braking, and 2 cylinders gone bad from cylinder pieces braking off. With this basic simple engine there is not much on our part we could be doing wrong. and you already answered your own question for everyone else (What do you think 199.00 will buy?) you just gave everyone here a mixed signal.

and this is entirely in the wrong place...

hot70cc: we've watched your frustration for a while...i'm glad you've toned down the "generic" attacks.

maybe you are & maybe i can't find them, but are you posting the right questions in the right places? start a new topic in frame-mount...bring us entirely up to speed, keep the emotion outta the report...let's see if we can't get you a bit more happy, eh?

Also, i hope the New Titan will be a success for the price that was estimated. I wouldn't want to pay that and have the same problems, but we all know 4 strokes are better than 2 lol.

I was just saying that 30days isnt a whole lot of time to get everything broken in. It seems that once you got everything figured out and dialed in thats when the problems start. I think that if you truly backed your product you would have a 60 day warranty. I think it took me 30 days to get everything just right on the bike. Then to baby it no 30 days isnt a fair enuff time to figure out if its right for you or not. Unless you have no life but to work on motorbikes and have no other job. Then sure 30 days is plenty if you ride for all day everyday. I just saying that if you truly backed your product you would have a longer warranty, and some warranty that you would have to pay extra for that is just a scam. Think about craftsman life time warranty now they back there product up 100%. I am not saying a life time warranty but atleast some realistic warranty that would actually help your customers. 30 days I felt rushed into everything cause I knew thats all the time I had to see if anything would go wrong.Everything always fell apart a couple of weeks after my warranty was up. Take it how ever you want, but i am done with the cheap motors with a 30 day warranty. I could go on all day about this but i am not and i am done. Have a nice day and enjoy the ride. Thanks

and this is entirely in the wrong place...

glad i'm deleting this...consumer feedback is cool, but how did we get onto trashing an engine that's NOT the one this topic's about?

i bet there's a product-review where your thoughts would be on-topic...noone's telling you there's anything wrong with your opinion, but you DO have to voice it appropriately and in the right place.

Word of mouth is everything so if a company is disreputable it won't stay in business.
My very rich uncle once told me "if your honesy in business you'll always succeed"
How long has Dax been going....what's the overwhealming majority of customer feedback....what's his participation level...............say no more.
Go Dax...i'm just waiting on Titan reviews and firm Titan priceing to make my final decision on a 4-stroke,Titan or Honda.

BTW..Dax's full Titan setup is nearly half the price of the full Honda setup so that's a big plus, +

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of valves does this little engine have? Screw and locknut? I'm guessing it does based upon you (Dax) simply stating you adjusted the valves with no mention of 'shims'. Thanks - John

You must have spent some real money on the patent stuff. I'm glad to see you are on the
4 cycle path.It is the one to be on and electric as well. I ride a Giant Electric bike a lot along with my other 10 plus motorized bikes! Good Luck
50sville
Collector of purpose built motor bikes!

Lifetime Warranty?

Lifetime warranty on Craftsman is on their tools. Not on Craftsman Engines or Hydraulic Jacks and things like that. They too have very limited warranties. As for my engines, most other sellers have no money back guarantee at all. not even 30 days. Some may have a warranty or guarantee, replacement parts and such. But not a love it or money back Guarantee such as I have. Some may have a 90 day warranty, again.. Replacement.. Not money back.. I offer 30 days love it or money back! Craftsman does not even offer that. They too are only replacement warranties .. I am offering a 30 day love it or money back on all my Engines. Titan included. But.. But..... on the Titan, I will offer an extended 1 year for those that want it. Details on that later.. At any rate.. Bert.. You really need to understand a few things.. First.. Not every one offers a guarantee or even a warranty. I offer both. 2nd.. You need to know what kind of warranty or guarantee it is and who is offering it. What good is a warranty or guarantee if that company will not be around to back it. Here at Dax, we have been in Business for over 18 years... Thanks.. Enjoy the ride...

Back