New Guy

noguezj

Local time
4:07 PM
My name is James and Im new at building thease bikes. I started with a mountain bike and so far I got the motor ( Grubee Skyhawk ) mounts set up
and the back sprocket mounted tonight. A few hours a night and I should be riding next week. Any tips on getting the back sprocket true?

Hello James.

I don't think I have any tip to offer on that back sprocket other than the obvious; tighten it evenly. But even if it goes on wrong the first time, you'll get it with just a bit of practice.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Welcome to Mbc

Hey James..welcome from Eno (Down Under)..Yeah..As Bluegoat says..trial and error (less error)..just keep it taut and straight..make sure your tensioner is lined up so you dont have any flip offs..Keep us posted with pics and problems if you have any..Good luck Eno in Oz

Eye ball will get you close...tighten the bolts even and in a cross pattern. You can assemble it, mount it on the bike, hold a pencil perpendicular to the sprocket so that it almost touches and spin the rim. Any "high" spot will show, and there is where you need to tighten. But there is a lot of leeway on these things, does not have to be exact.

Great idea. Thanks for that one, that will help.... I just discovered Im going to
need a exhaust fabed. I really did not do my homework before diving in but things are coming along and I'm learning alot about this... Pretty Cool.

Back