New Here and Looking into a new thing

JNev

Local time
12:15 PM
Hi Guys Im new here and new to motorized bikes. I was reading an article about the Audi E-Bike and I thought that was a pretty cool concept so I searched about bikes like that and one thing led to another and now I'm here. I am looking into the idea of buying a motorized bike or a kit for one but I have no idea where to look or what to ask. I am a rather large person (6'5" and 220lb) so anything I get will have to handle my size and right now I am just looking into this idea I am going to attach a link to a bike I found and I just really like the look of it and the specs look pretty good.

Bike:
http://spookytoothcycles.com/compon...page=vmj_ace.tpl&product_id=430&category_id=6

Thanks for the help,
Jace

Welcome to the forum Jace. This is a great place to read up and learn about MB's. I may be wrong but the last I heard was Spookytooth had just changed ownership. You may want to look into that a little further. If you check the homepage at the bottom there is a link to vendors and reviews you may want to look through. As far as the design of the bike your looking at I couldnt say. Terrain will factor in but if you live in a generally flat location I would think that design would be a good choice. Keep in mind I'm a newbie myself so let some of the more experienced folks chime in and help guide you the right direction.

Thanks for the help! It does appear that Spookytooth has been bought so I will probably go with something else (maybe this or this) I just saw the add on the side and figured it was reliable. My drive to work doesn't have too many hills and is only a 6 mile round-trip, but my ride to school is a 10 mile round-trip and there is one hill (down and up) that is pretty steep. Around where I would ride it there are hills but noting super steep but any bike I get will need be able to handle moving me around at a decent speed on these surfaces.

Here are important questions to consider when building or buying for yourself or others:

1) What is the predominant riding terrain?
(Level ground, hills, asphalt or dirt etc...)

2) What type of physique does the primary rider have?
(Large, small, short, tall or health issues etc...)

3) What will the rider's local laws allow and require them to have?
(Lookup and personally read these laws.)

4) What kind of bike is being motorized?
(Mountain, road, whizzer or recumbent etc...)

5) What is the bike to be used for?
(Shows, long trips, around town, off road or racing etc...)

6) How much of a budget is to be used for the build or buy?
(All at the start or as you can afford projects etc...)

Seek the answers to these questions in order to get the most out of the bike you're building or buying. We're here to help with any questions you may have. The purpose of the "Questions to Consider" is not to overwhelm or confuse you. Rather help you focus in on what will work best for you and help you develop a building and/or buying philosophy. This site has lots of people who can help you but the only way they can is by asking questions. Any one of the questions to consider somebody here can help you with.

A fool never learns from their mistakes.

A smart person learns from their mistakes.

A wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

Good luck with your build or buy.

"I became rich by hiring people smarter than me". Andrew Carnegie

Back