New Member with Questions

binkie

Local time
9:55 PM
Hi!

I've enjoyed riding bicycles for many years but as I am getting older with knees problems I'm finding that I need some assistance with the hills. I thought I'd come here to learn more about motorized bikes, and perhaps get some help with what would be the best motor to buy for my situation.

binkie

Perhaps I've missed something but I cannot post to the general discussion. What am I doing wrong?

binkie

Welcome aboard.

My experience is that most people are happy with whichever engine they choose. I haven't seen many who built a bike and then gave it up. So that's the good news; you can probably choose one for whatever reason and be happy.

I don't really know why you couldn't post to other sub-forums. But at a guess I'd say the it's likely the system needed a little bit of time to register your intro post.

Thanks! I'll wait for a while and then try posting in the other forums. I'm really looking forward to exchanging ideas and info with other members. And, of course, getting a motor so I can go back to using my bike.

binkie

That depends

On if you are mechanicaly inclined or not. Some of the kits are very simple to install and some require some savy.
also it depends on your cash flow ... You can go from $ 150.00 to $ 1000.00
and last but not least your application " how you plan on riding "
and then there is speed and reliability and type of bike you want to use ...
the good news there is a good selection out there..
So with a little research you can get the perfect kit for you...
good luck...

Back