New Schwinn Aerosport:does it grab ya like it does me?

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by 5-7HEAVEN, Sep 3, 2007.

1. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007

2. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Very nice bikes indeed but beware the wide rear tire and chain clearance.

3. DougC

DougC Guest

Also note the frame size; it only comes in 18". You might check one out in person first, see if it'll be big enough for you.

I stand 6'2" and need about a 23-24" frame to fit properly.
    ~

4. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:the 18" frame size would work well for my 29" inseam. i like my feet to reach the ground easily. as a matter of fact, i position my seat all the way down on my 20" DAHON.
    hoping to have no problems with midframe and chainstay interference.

iRide, i'm installing a jackshaft setup. that should clear all obstacles.

5. I was looking at that bike less than a month ago admiring its antique look and heavy-duty design. But I wish they weren't so pricey. I'm sure its worth the price though.

6. gauge

gauge Guest

that bike looks alsome!

7. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Ya, I have seen that bike on the Schwin site. Ya, it is cool. Would like to see it when you are done. I also would be concerned about the chain clearance, but very do able.

8. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

$329 really isn't too bad, that "classic" Green Schwinn with front fender light sells in bikeshops for around $450 here.

Is there a Hawaii premium on manufactured suggested retail? That would be the bummeroo.

9. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:i believe EKI CYCLERY, our local SCHWINN/SUN/FELT/RALEIGH/DAHON dealer sells at MSRP. there are no extra shipping charges on special orders, if you can wait for the next shipping date.