Chains newbie chain issue

so if i back the flower nut that should help. correct.

i already broke a chain breaker already, so ill just cut a link and do a master link.

thanks everyone for the help.
i feel a bit stupid, im a car guy, and i can do anything to a car, but im afraid to break something. its only pop metal, very impressive for what that engine does

if you screw the flower nut in, it will give you more clutch.
if you screw it out, it will give you less clutch.
so if your clutch is slipping, screw it in.
if your clutch doesn't want to fully release, screw it out.
this takes trial and error and a 1/4 turn makes a big difference.
don't forget to put that set screw back in that locks the flower nut in position.

well i played around with some stuff. now the only thing i really need to get done is shorten the chain.

at first when i was depressing the clutch handle the flower nut and pressure plate were not moving together. just the flower nut, so i desided to unbolt the flower nut and take the pressure plate off.

269d175c.jpg

so i took it off, and the pressure plate had to be gently pried off and it came off with a nice crisp "POP".

it loked like this
f1d3b61f.jpg

so it was stuck. the clutch fibers got stuck on the pressure plate. so i decided to clean up the plate. and put it back on and now the wheel moves.

ea679b8b.jpg

other than that here is the look of the clutch, everything is preaty new. never fired so soon to be running RAW Engine.

f7c28e74.jpg

Last edited:
yep, your clutch was stuck good...lol
you want to have a little free play in your clutch lever when you make the adjustments.

at least i got that one right :) needed "cracking"

freeplay... a standard figure is 10mm at the end of the lever, on the handlebars that is.

about 5mm or less at the cable-nipple-brass-thing-that-makes-a-great-cable-cutter-but-not-much-of-an-adjustable-nipple-but-hey,-i-havent-got-anything-better... :p

Back