NGK BR7HS spark plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
ngk

B= thread diameter.

R= has internal resistor

7= heat range

H= thread length (the critical factor in this thread...oh. a pun. ha ha.)

S= ngk standard series.

its FINE. its the IDEAL PLUG. the difference in thread length you detect is one, two threads at most... not a whole 12mm like on an E series plug... if it is...somethings seriously wrong :giggle:

P (or projected electrode, as in BPR7HS) gets the flame kernel a bit too close to the piston for my liking. i do use them ,just dont buy them specifically anymore.

CJ8 (champion stubby lawnmower plug) works just as well, but has a shorter thread and ceramic insulator than the ngk H series plug. good for one particular application i have where space is a concern. if there was a BM6H or anything like that, id use that instead...

in NGK, a cj8 is a BM6A... B being the thread diameter, thats right for this engine too. M is that the plug is only short, 6 is heat range, and the A is thread length...just a few mm shorter than the H series.

its really quite simple after a while, but... for now...

stick with the tried and true B7HS (BR7HS, **5HS, *6HS... whatever... R is preferable really). the plug you have.

I am in Phoenix Arizona 85021.

I am not a retail parts supplier or dealer, most everything I build is a custom job to the customers needs, budget, and desired style.

In short I am having too much fun to think about producing parts for more than my own needs as that sounds like real wor.. wor.. wor.. ah you know, that other dirty 4 letter word ;-}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back