Nice Jackshaft Idea

Jackshaft sprocket

Is the jackshaft sprocket that you are using on the pedal side a #35 go kart sprocket? Is a #35 compatible with regular bicycle chain? If not what is compatible with bike chain?
Thanks.

#35 chains and sprockets are not compatible with bicycle chains and sprockets

The chainrings are standard bicycle size sprockets.

Re:Bicycle sprockets

Thank you for your reply, but I still have a question or two. I am new at all this, and I don't really know the terminology. What I can't find available anywhere is a 10T keyed "bicycle" sprocket that will fit a 5/8ths inch. jackshaft, not the chainrings on the crank.

Can you tell me what to search for, or where you got your jackshaft parts? If it isn't a #35 sprocket then who carries it and what is it called? It seems that all that is out there is #35 or #41 stuff.

I really like your design. Unfortunately it won't fit my 4 stroke bike set up as it is, so I am investigating the possiblities. I would really like to be able to take my bike up some rough mountain trails. That means geared down and slow. So any help I can get would be great!!

I am in the process of designing a kit to work on 4 stroke frame mounts. It is a couple months out. Got to get the 2 stroke kit on the market first.

What I can tell you is that what you are looking for they do not make. You will have to custom order it or you can purchase one for a #41 chain and have it machined. The pitch and roller diameter are close enough to a bike chain, it is just too wide. It will just need to be machined thinner.

Sprocket

Thanks! This is the kind of information that a newbie like me really needs. I look forward to seeing your kit in production.

NiVinci and your invention

Hello Ghost0,

I have a HT and would love to use a NuVinci hub for gearing. It seemed that a NuVinci and HT were not compatible until now.

I was very excited about the NuVinci and then equally disapointed when I saw the sprocket was on the wrong side for HT use.

Would your invention now allow a HT to work with a NuVinci? If so, would the right side chain go to the NuVinci hub on the rear wheel and bypass the freewheel crank?

Please confirm. And if it does, would the cost be different if the only item really needed was your machined jackshaft?

Thanks

You could go directly from the jackshaft back to the hub but then you wouldn't be able to start the motor unless you had a pull starter. It would also create problems with chain tensioning.

The kit as it will come will work great with a Nuvinci hub without any modifications as driven through the front freewheel..

Is it soup yet?

You could go directly from the jackshaft back to the hub but then you wouldn't be able to start the motor unless you had a pull starter. It would also create problems with chain tensioning.

The kit as it will come will work great with a Nuvinci hub without any modifications as driven through the front freewheel..
When will you be ready to sell to the public..
Do I need to replace my shifter for example thumb to twist shifter.
Do I need to replace my old chain.
Do I need to replace my Derailleur.
Still around $ 200.00

Back