NWArkansas-Homeless guy's DIY M-bike hits 45 mph !!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bamabikeguy, May 16, 2009.

1. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Pretty Cool !!

'Depression vehicle' makes man smile

By Tabatha Hunter Staff Writer ! tabathah@nwanews.com

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

cool. i wish we could see the ring and belt. hire this guy.
  3. bamabikeguy

e-mail sent this morning:

You guys could perk up additional interest if you send a letter to them....

4. bamabikeguy

(to bad i dint proofread the e-male)

5. stude13

stude13 Active Member

good job, thanks.
  6. bamabikeguy

If a few of us submit a <350 word letter to the editor, that would be an easy way to help a fellow MBer, (especially one who could blow our doors away on a straightaway).

When I read of the speed, I instantly thought of old Burt Munro in the "World's Fastest Indian", melting and molding his own pistons and cylinders.
  7. bigluelok

bigluelok New Member

wow that is awsome.
  8. Zev0

Zev0 Member

If you look closely inside the rear wheel you can see the gebe ring.
  9. solorbob

solorbob New Member

Hey all, I live in Bentonville, and have seen Daren pass me by twice in one week. I was not able to stop and talk to him both times I passed him, but I'll be on the look out for next time. It's a pretty small place around here.

I'll try to find him and make some contacts. It would be nice to have another MBer around here, even tho I don't have a MB just yet.
  10. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

SWEET! And his bike isn't at a slow 20mph either. 45mph, sure beats walking when you are homeless.

I hope he finds some employment. I'm sure there are many folks out on motorized bicycles looking for work and pay.
  11. dhg1973

dhg1973 New Member

Hi Solor Bob Daren Here

I would like to contact you
    My e-mail is dhg1973@gmail.com
    C you around town....
  12. dhg1973

dhg1973 New Member

I do have a trailer........

Hi i have a trailer but the passengers weight would be a problem and so would the scare factor lol........
  13. bamabikeguy

glad you found this thread Daren, I was going to search for it when it popped up to the top.
  14. dhg1973

dhg1973 New Member

Thank you

I'm not sur if i am where i am suppose to be threds are new to me, i am doing my best tho.
    I would love to post some more close up picture for the other builders who are still working on this project.
    I dont own even a keychain camera tho so if you contact the original photo guy at the paper maybe he would send and post some close ups?
    They were both really nice i give ya a 80% of 100 chance (for us both).
    This is one project that i would love to share, so much for my wind generators that i also try to construct, Which i have many...........And they work very well, better than anyone would even think anyway.
    Can u say free hot water and coffee, lol, and tv and so on and so on.
    Thanks bamabikeguy,
    Daren Garner
  15. bamabikeguy

I posted a thread yesterday about a new TV show on PBS, called "Make", where these geeks recycle small motors found in Goodwill toy sections.

The shop guy in episode 7 recycled the motor in an old treadmill to make a wind generator, made propellers out of 5 inch strips cut out of a large pvc pipe.....if you have video uploading ability, you might want to check out episode 7.

Episode 7: Urban Projections & Wind Generator

Bike along with Ali Momeni and his fleet of mobile video projectors that transform public spaces into massive sound and light shows. In the Workshop, John Park combines a used treadmill motor and PVC pipe to build a wind generator... Read More

(the projection machines in Minneapolis were built on 3 bicycles, and the wind generator looked like "perpetual energy" because they mounted it in the back of a pickup truck running at 15-20 mph)