OMG, I fell into the trap!

Well I got the tires pumped and I have to say, as a pedal bike, it's kinda terrible IMO. As it only has rear transmission cogs, the easiest is too easy, and the next higher is WAY higher. It rides like a one speed IMO. It does indeed have a double sided rear wheel, so the freewheel works on it. I just HATE the gearing for pedaling.

Makes me REALLY wanna try a battery (looks like will have to be two for 24v). I keep finding everything "reputable" is out of my reach financially. It almost makes me just want to go lead acid, just for cost and, because I could use the batteries for something else later when and if I can afford LiFepo4, for it. At least lead acid, fairly easy to deal with and fool proof, if heavy.

Also it seems the LiFepo4 ones don't always like to be run in series. I don't trust Amazon sellers to know or be honest.

Maybe a couple lead acid would be my best bet, just to try the bike out, and run it for a while until I can afford better? I mean I could afford a couple of 12v lead acid deep cycles in the 20AH range easier than I could LiFepo4. I mean the kit originally came with lead acid, so why not?

God I feel so lost looking at electric stuff, but, any opinions on this unit?

24V 9.6ah 245.8wh K2 Lifepo4 Battery w/ BMS K2B24V10EB - $39.99

1_18718393-51a3-4bc3-ab93-3ca54dcdf0e6_1024x1024@2x.png

One thing with lithium, you got to have a voltage gauge to monitor your cutoff battery voltage. If you discharge a lithium batt too low, I've heard they wont take a charge after going so low on voltage. Have you decided on a speed controller yet. We really need to establish that part 1st. Also I'm not well versed in electric bikes, soo it might take someone like impulse rocket to get everything figured out.

God I feel so lost looking at electric stuff, but, any opinions on this unit?

24V 9.6ah 245.8wh K2 Lifepo4 Battery w/ BMS K2B24V10EB - $39.99

1_18718393-51a3-4bc3-ab93-3ca54dcdf0e6_1024x1024@2x.png
Here is the exact speed controller & throttle I had on both of my e-zip walmart bikes. I believe this controller to be a 25amp controller, rated at 30amps max.

I think your max discharge rate amperage is mighty close to its max discharge rate of 24amps on your battery.

This is the stuff I dont know much about or have 4got since it was 15 years ago when I had my e-bikes. Boy they have come a long way since then!!!

I do know that the currie 24 volt setup is hard on spokes for no more power than it's got. I ended up having 10.5gauge spokes put in my currie wheel to keep from breaking spokes. I still got that wheel somewhere & it was expensive to build.
Screenshot_20230827-004441_Chrome.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

I'd go with lifepo4 gel pack batteries from btrpower.....just personal preference and better chemistry in my opinion
I can afford MAYBE $150, so these insane $500 setups are just pipe dreams for a guy like me.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back