PEXMOR 100cc engine piston clearance

Account for the "stretching" effect of the piston in motion, if you're running an extremely high RPM build you should probably go on the safer side of a larger squish gap just for longevity but if you're trying to tighten the squish gap then simply take the top piece of the head and sand it down on some 500 grit than 1,200 grit on a piece of glass tape the sandpaper down after you spray the glass down with water to help it stick and run it in slow circles that'll give you a better seal it'll also bring the squish gap down and up your compression if you have ceiling issues you can always use a squishable copper gasket

Account for the "stretching" effect of the piston in motion, if you're running an extremely high RPM build you should probably go on the safer side of a larger squish gap just for longevity but if you're trying to tighten the squish gap then simply take the top piece of the head and sand it down on some 500 grit than 1,200 grit on a piece of glass tape the sandpaper down after you spray the glass down with water to help it stick and run it in slow circles that'll give you a better seal it'll also bring the squish gap down and up your compression if you have ceiling issues you can always use a squishable copper gasket
I lost on you "on a piece of glass tape"

Use 500 and then 1200 grit to sand it down, and then to get a good even seal I can tape the sandpaper down and move the head over it in circles so the sanding is even, correct?

I lost on you "on a piece of glass tape"

Use 500 and then 1200 grit to sand it down, and then to get a good even seal I can tape the sandpaper down and move the head over it in circles so the sanding is even, correct?
You use a flat glass plane because it is a perfectly flat surface then you take a spray bottle and you add some water onto the glass then tape the sandpaper down to keep it from shifting left and right if you keep the pressure light and even then when you are done you should have a near mirror finish on your head naturally a higher grit sandpaper will yield you a smoother finish

Be careful looks like a steel sleeve it could drop if it's not done right I had an mz Miami big bore cylinder several years ago and there's no lip or pins so it dropped the sleeve. As the cylinder heats up the sleeve can drop. Not really a 2 stroker anymore but I started this hobby how everyone pretty much does unless their first build is a 4 stroke.

Don't get this one it's not made right

Back