Engine Trouble how to add height to base gaskets for piston clearance

Mickey112233

Local time
4:22 AM
I did a top end rebuild 80cc engine,piston,rings,cylinder and cylinder head,replaced gaskets included with kit, now my piston is hitting the head will not turn over with head attached but moves freely when head is removed,Help??

I did a top end rebuild 80cc engine,piston,rings,cylinder and cylinder head,replaced gaskets included with kit, now my piston is hitting the head will not turn over with head attached but moves freely when head is removed,Help??
Just an FYI, you don't have an 80cc but a 66cc/69cc based on 38mm/40mm stroke.

My bet is you have the wrong piston and ordered a low hole instead of a high hole. Send us a photo of the stock piston next to new piston.

To the Community, thank you for your understanding I value your comments and help as I learn and experience . your bet that I had ordered the wrong piston was correct and that in turn I learned that new information about piston measurements, slowly and not cheaply I am getting it together, Thank You all I truely apperciate your help

What spark plug are you using?
In my experience the L70 spark plugs have very short threads so I would consider them the safest option albia you do lose a little bit of compression if you are using NGK's the BR7es spark plugs from the NGK"R" line work wonderful but they do extend down into the combustion chamber with my 100cc build as the threads are significantly longer and I actually ran into some impact issues especially in the high RPM range after doing my rebuild the other day so there is now a tiny dink in the center of my piston and I am glad that I took the plug out to check it for fouling or I could have been looking at a much more expensive repair

Back