Phatmoto 79cc (more power)?

GX100​

K typeRammer typeView Details
Q typeStraight shaftView Details
V typeTapered shaftView Details
gx100-shaft-q.gif

Shaft is15.8mm not 5/8ths = 15.4mm.

Have you disabled the governor yet? Being mechanically governed to 3600rpm limits you to 20ish mph at wot on flat ground. Disable the governor will get you 33ish mph at wot and confortable cruising at 25ish on the stock 50t rear sprocket, ime. Disabling the governor and using a smaller sprocket can get you to 30mph cruise, while leaving some 'headroom' for hills. You might need to pedal some, pulling from a dead stop, tho. The alternative is to swap engines. The lifan doesn't make enough power to efficiently drive a cvt/torque converter transmission as-is and a carb swap + straight pipe exhaust doesn't add enough power. High perf parts don't seem to be available for it. Predator 79 is a common replacement as is honda gxh100. Either can work with cvt/torque converter. The p79 being less expensive and the honda is closest to being a bolt-in replacement (also smoother and more powerful) . I've ridden phatmotos with each, and the honda is a cleaner conversion with better performance than the p79 imo. Once I've saved enough nickels and dimes, I'll be doing the honda+cvt conversion to my All Terrain. Fwiw, any speed upgrades should be accompanied by wheel and jack-shaft bearing upgrades, as the originals are a bit on the cheesy side...

Have fun! ☺️
Also. Maybe im not educated enough, but the honda gx100 has a net power output less then 3 horsepower; while the lifan also advertises 3 horsepower. How would it give performance gains? Please educated me. :)

Also. Maybe im not educated enough, but the honda gx100 has a net power output less then 3 horsepower; while the lifan also advertises 3 horsepower. How would it give performance gains? Please educated me. :)
Most of the time it's just a matter of distance across the ventura, a Lifan carb probably has .5mm - 1mm difference.
Give me a little time and I'll go measure a stock carb.

Unless you're wanting to get on interstates and/or freeways, you should be able to ride in traffic at 25 mph if you have good cycling skills.
I like to ride off-road sometimes and in the rural winter trails. (Im in Manitoba). I am also somewhat of an adrenaline junk and and have an addiction for more power haha. We do not have many bike paths here on the streets and many of the motorists here dont like bikes on the road unfortunately. I am planning to use this bike to take to work. Also; ive been learning and trying my best with the cycling etiquette 😅😅

I like to ride off-road sometimes and in the rural winter trails. (Im in Manitoba). I am also somewhat of an adrenaline junk and and have an addiction for more power haha. We do not have many bike paths here on the streets and many of the motorists here dont like bikes on the road unfortunately. I am planning to use this bike to take to work. Also; ive been learning and trying my best with the cycling etiquette 😅😅
I've ridden in some large cities and mid-summer dense tourist traffic. My bike will only do 30 mph on level ground. However, I rarely experience road rage. The reason is I fully obey all traffic laws, I'm seen, I ride predictably, and I communicate. It's cyclist/mb'ers who don't ride like this that most motorists become angry with.

Many here on the forum have a speedometer, signal lights, brake lights, mirrors, and a loud horn. Be sure to watch the videos I posted. Being a good MB'er starts with being a good Cyclist first.

I've ridden in some large cities and mid-summer dense tourist traffic. My bike will only do 30 mph on level ground. However, I rarely experience road rage. The reason is I fully obey all traffic laws, I'm seen, I ride predictably, and I communicate. It's cyclist/mb'ers who don't ride like this that most motorists become angry with.

Many here on the forum have a speedometer, signal lights, brake lights, mirrors, and a loud horn. Be sure to watch the videos I posted. Being a good MB'er starts with being a good Cyclist first.
I do this but i think they are mostly mad im slow as s**t and they have to be careful driving beside me 😅😅😅

Like i said. We do not have bike lanes and sometimes i do take part of the road up unfortunately.

I do this but i think they are mostly mad im slow as s**t and they have to be careful driving beside me 😅😅😅
Are they clearing you by 3 feet? Are you using Lane Control in lanes less than 14 feet wide? You really should watch those videos I posted on your thread here.

Over half the injuries to cyclists are the result of falls. That's why wearing a helmet is so important. When another vehicle is involved the number one cause of injury is sideswipes. This most commonly occurs when riding near the edge of a road less than 14 feet wide. Most standard lanes are 11 feet wide; the safest place for the cyclist is in the center of the lane using Lane Control. This causes motorists to have to change lanes to pass; like they'd have to do with any other slow moving vehicle. Riding near the edge of the road in standard/narrow lanes encourages motorist to do a squeeze by.

Back