Photos from the first real ride.

I only mixed a single cup of 16:1 so I ran out of gas and had to pedal back but the little 49cc engine did well. Need to get handlebars for an upright position though, my wrists were numb by the end.
Good fun!

Attachments

• 20230319_115152_HDR.jpg
    20230319_115152_HDR.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 1,404
  • 20230319_115203.jpg
    20230319_115203.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 397
NO, I'm just one "steadfast and unmovable" guy, (Stubborn...LOL), That is totally anal retentive when it comes to good maintenance as well as the overall safety of my bike, not only for my sake but for the sake of others on the road as well.
Yeah maintenance is the best money saver. Its crazy how a little love can keep things running forever. My dad believes in catastrophic maintenance instead of preventative maintenance.

Yeah maintenance is the best money saver. Its crazy how a little love can keep things running forever. My dad believes in catastrophic maintenance instead of preventative maintenance.
My dad believes in maintenance only when he likes the vehicle. His pickup he has right now, he only fixes things when it absolutely needs done. He also says he will never have to change the oil because it least a quart a week out the rear main seal. However the V.W beetle with the empi racing engine he rebuilt, he won't go a week before checking everything.

Chains don't really stretch that much, but if the chain is too tight it will round over the teeth on the sprocket/s and make it seem like the chain stretched.
Chain stretch occurs in lower grade chains due to to high of a load being put on them. This causes the holes in the plates to become oblong shaped instead of being circular.

Chain stretch occurs in lower grade chains due to to high of a load being put on them. This causes the holes in the plates to become oblong shaped instead of being circular.
Stretch or wear? Me thinks they wear. Steel isn't elastic normally.

I only mixed a single cup of 16:1 so I ran out of gas and had to pedal back but the little 49cc engine did well. Need to get handlebars for an upright position though, my wrists were numb by the end.
Good fun!
I got a stem extender similar to this one, it helped so much with my back. I had pretty much quit riding the bike I put it on because of the aggressive geometry. The riding position was great in my 20's but not so great in my 40's.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back