Please help!! 4 stroke centrifugal clutch

Need your help. Do any of you know where this clucth can be purchased seperate from the kit? I know the internal part is offered, but we're looking for the clutch bell itself with the cogged pulley. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 208378
Or maybe this.
Screenshot_20240218-171609_Chrome.jpg

Christina, I totally had senior moment when I first looked at your pictures. I responded that I had the same combination as you which turns out to only be half true. I have a 49cc Hausheng engine with your style trans on my first bike. The new bike I'm building has a79cc Predator, like your engine, with a jack shaft style trans. Realizing this, I'm going to recant MOST of my technical advise from before. Let's start over..................

Our Predator engines have a 5/8" dia shaft. That sleeve you found is for a Hausheng engine so totally forget about that. I stated that the clutch bell was not a replacement part for the Hausheng having an odd size shaft which I still believe to be true. But your engine has a 5/8" shaft requiring a 5/8" clutch which might be a whole different story.
Can you find out who sold the previous owner this kit? or did he assemble the bike from individukle pieces? Next step would be to contact the seller and get the name for the company that makes the trans. Contact them to see if the clutch is availble for purchase seperately.

That's what I love about this site! I haven't even finished writing this and Diesel Tech has responded with an answer. Thank you much!

OK. Now you know where to get a complete clutch assy if you ever need one. I don't believe there is anything wrong with yours. Forget about everything I said about Oil Lite bushings and ball bearings. All of the collective information here is in regard to the Hausheng engine. The Predator will have all different dimensions and part numbers. It's not to say you coundn't make these improvements to your clutch, but generally 5/8" go-kart parts are of a much higher quality than the Chineesium junk in most kits. The Max Torque clutch is one of the best you can buy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell us why you think it is necessay to oil your bushing as often as you do? Is the clutch not releasing or making a strange noise? The fix for your concern would be as easy as removing the clutch bell and taking it to your local automotive machine shop. Ask them to use a hone and enlarge the hole a couple thousands of an inch.

Christina, I totally had senior moment when I first looked at your pictures. I responded that I had the same combination as you which turns out to only be half true. I have a 49cc Hausheng engine with your style trans on my first bike. The new bike I'm building has a79cc Predator, like your engine, with a jack shaft style trans. Realizing this, I'm going to recant MOST of my technical advise from before. Let's start over..................

Our Predator engines have a 5/8" dia shaft. That sleeve you found is for a Hausheng engine so totally forget about that. I stated that the clutch bell was not a replacement part for the Hausheng having an odd size shaft which I still believe to be true. But your engine has a 5/8" shaft requiring a 5/8" clutch which might be a whole different story.
Can you find out who sold the previous owner this kit? or did he assemble the bike from individukle pieces? Next step would be to contact the seller and get the name for the company that makes the trans. Contact them to see if the clutch is availble for purchase seperately.

That's what I love about this site! I haven't even finished writing this and Diesel Tech has responded with an answer. Thank you much!

OK. Now you know where to get a complete clutch assy if you ever need one. I don't believe there is anything wrong with yours. Forget about everything I said about Oil Lite bushings and ball bearings. All of the collective information here is in regard to the Hausheng engine. The Predator will have all different dimensions and part numbers. It's not to say you coundn't make these improvements to your clutch, but generally 5/8" go-kart parts are of a much higher quality than the Chineesium junk in most kits. The Max Torque clutch is one of the best you can buy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell us why you think it is necessay to oil your bushing as often as you do? Is the clutch not releasing or making a strange noise? The fix for your concern would be as easy as removing the clutch bell and taking it to your local automotive machine shop. Ask them to use a hone and enlarge the hole a couple thousands of an inch.
Just so there is no confusion: that go powersports clutch is for a 3/4" shaft. Cost $98.00

The Grubee 5G clutch is for a 5/8" Cost $46.00

3/4 in shaft. Well, now we're back to an adapter sleeve once again only a different size. Pretty pricey. It's interesting to see as these Predator engines increase in size there is more performance parts available. I think Christine should make the one she has work.

Your pics don't show a make or model - these things come in handy when searching for parts. Try googling what you need, for what exact engine.

Once again Diesel Tech to the rescue. This would be the clutch to buy Christina, if yours ever goes out. It has needle bearings in place of a bushing. $46 is a good price from a reputable dealer. Just make sure the belt is the same width.

That's awesome and thank you so much for taking the time to reply! That is so cool! Anyways if there is a cheaper way for me to go then I'm all for that! What kind of bushing am I going to need? Also, I do want to get a new clutch drum at least if that's possible. I just don't know what to get and where. Let me know if you have any ideas and also what kind of bushing or ball bearing an I needing? Where do I get

So the issue I'm having with my clutch is if I don't lube it often it's like the metal rubs together causing it to have like a metal powder collect, where the bushing and clutch bell touch. Also if I don't keep it lubed it won't continue to run and the back wheel will lock up a bit, I think all because of the metals rubbing. I will take pictures of what it looks like before I lube it and show you what it looks like. However since I'm lubricating it so often it runs pretty good and starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull and does pretty good. It just worries me of the metal rubbing like it does. Also I feel it's excessive having to lube every time I ride basically and depending on how far I go sometimes have to lube more.

So I won't be able to use the oilite type of bushing? Because that seemed pretty cool. I looked them up online and the fact that they are self lubricating maybe that would cut down on me having to lube so often. I'm cool with lubricating it but like if I go to the gym from work, I have to lube before going to work then I do it before leaving the gym and heading home. Maybe I'm over killing it a little but last time I tried to go without lubricating it after the gym, it struggled to stay running all the way home. I don't have to travel to far, I live about 1 and a half miles from my job and about 4 or so miles from the gym. If that.

I would say that dust you are seeing is from the clutch pads not the bearing. It looks kinda like red powdery stuff on the clutch side on my trikes and its just the clutch wearing

Pete's correct. The dust is form the friction pads in the clutch, and is normal. Seeing the bushing is brass you will NEVER see any residue from wear. I'm sure there is an Oil Lite bushing for your clutch, I simply meant the one that has been discussed on this site is not the one for you. More research will have to be done to pick the correct one for your clutch. The metalic grinding sound you hear is most likely the clutch shoes engaging, or slipping, on the drum also refered to as the bell. With oil on the bushing you would never hear any sound from there.

Lets imagine the worst case scenario if you stopped the oiling. The bushing would eventually gaul itself to the shaft. At that point you would not be able to keep the rear wheel from spinning. The only symptom that might be happening now is.............when you bring the throttle to idle does the bike want to continue to move forward? If you remove the belt you should be able to spin the clutch freely. The next time you take the clutch off the engine take pictures of the friction pads and the inside of the drum. This will help us a lot to see what you've got going on.

If you are certain everything is better after a heavy dose of oil, I stand by my suggestion. Have a machine shop inlarge the bushing bore 0.002 inch with a hone.

Back