Centrifugal Bt80 clutch upgrade

FelekSta

Local time
8:50 PM
So from what we already know bt80 uses centrifugal clutch. Has anyone ideas for how I could upgrade that weakling for higher rpm? Maybe it would be more reliable and suitable for higher rpm applications after somehow converting to go cart clutch? Idk much about centrifugal clutches so any info would help:)

To get them to hold up at lower rpm with higher torque you can upgrade the springs, but the clutch pads themselves is what I worry about. If I remember right the clutches don't have a ton of meat on them

To get them to hold up at lower rpm with higher torque you can upgrade the springs, but the clutch pads themselves is what I worry about. If I remember right the clutches don't have a ton of meat on them
Yeah that's the point why I want to maybe remake them? Replace? Or make my own but my knowledge on centrifugal clutches is that bad that I only know that there are "clutch pads" that are held by springs and they extend at higher rpm using prop gravity. In my mind it looks like a pillow. You spin it and gravity makes it push in out then it starts to connect using friction
(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Back