Upgrades for my bt80?

GW's Motorized

Local time
9:47 AM
I built my bike with a bt80 engine kit. For those unfamiliar with it it is an electric start kit with a centrifugal clutch inside and a one piece jug. I have looked at a couple of 2 piece jugs, but I don't know if they'll fit.

I'm not very concerned about a high performance jug as I am about upgrading the exhaust.

If anyone know what will fit on my engine or what I can do to get an expansion chamber on it without custom making an exhaust I would appreciate it.

Check the muffler bolt hole spacing on the cylinder. If it's 40mm or 32mm, then probably any of the MZ65 clones will fit. Do you have a picture of the front of your engine in the frame? That would give us an idea of how much room you have to fit a muffler/expansion chamber.

U507c76ac98a54e33ac4072e7ea2ea0b4T.jpg

Here is what the exhaust port looks like, it has exhaust like a kx80.
And I don't have a picture of the bike right now.

View attachment 185530
Here is what the exhaust port looks like, it has exhaust like a kx80.
And I don't have a picture of the bike right now.
That's cool, that picture works. What you need is a dirt bike compression fitting for that. But, unfortunately it would have to be custom if the engine vendor doesn't sell a performance pipe for it. That pipe comes out on the wrong side for off the shelf parts.

That's cool, that picture works. What you need is a dirt bike compression fitting for that. But, unfortunately it would have to be custom if the engine vendor doesn't sell a performance pipe for it. That pipe comes out on the wrong side for off the shelf parts.
I figured I'd have to custom order or make something. I could probably find some steel pipe that is the same ID, and build an exhaust or exhaust adapter

Did some research, found out the bt 80 electric start engine has the same jug as the bt100 engine (which is not electric start)

Back