Ports, Carburetor, Exhaust Questions.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'm not sure and I know they use to give the overall height but not lately that I have seen. I use to take the overall height and subtract pin to bottom but can't do that lately

I'm not sure and I know they use to give the overall height but not lately that I have seen. I use to take the overall height and subtract pin to bottom but can't do that lately
I don't remember the exact measurement off hand, but I thing a high hole piston is 31mm from the base to the top of the hole and a low hole is 25mm. That looks like what you got going on there.

Thanks. I don't know why they would be measured that way. To me it makes more sense to measure from pin center to crown.
That way a measurement from con rod center to top of cylinder would tell you what you need to know.

Thanks. I don't know why they would be measured that way. To me it makes more sense to measure from pin center to crown.
That way a measurement from con rod center to top of cylinder would tell you what you need to know.
Obviously some clown had the two pistons side by each on a bench and said "Hey that one has a higher hole", and stood a tape on the bench.

What's the old saying, "Path of least resistance".

Back