Possible Law Enforcement Motorised Bikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Wenatchee is a hilly local. They tried electrics- one good hill was too much. They've also had a run of strong arms where the perps get away on bicycles during rush hour- these bikes will put a stop to that. My bikes are running with 'black cat' mufflers- they are actually quite 'green'.
Wenatchee is near four hours' drive south of where I live. I doubt they are worried about supporting a local buisness as much as they are worried about getting the job done. My bikes will do the job. I will be demonstrating with the 'Black Rat', my bottom-of-the-line civilian model. The MPB mkI (Motor Patrol Bike) will have options not avaliable to civilians in this state, including a bigger engine... more for carry capacity than speed. Cops are exempt of the 50cc rule that this state imposes.
As a gunsmith, I have dealt with Cops as customers before- I have some idea as to what they see as important. If I get the contract, I will be working hand-in-hand with the patrol officers in the design of the bike- something the electric bike people havn't tried doing yet. Given the nature of electrics at this time, they might not be capable of such.
I strongly suspect that this introduction might well change the landscape for both motored bikes and law enforcement- we'll see what happens. Hopefully, both wil benefit.
the Old Sgt.:cry:

Bad news and good news

... well, after understanding bicycle tactics a bit, I have to admit that for the most part, putting a motor on a Cop bike does the Cop no favor... at least, not the way they are useing them. I COULD motorize one of their rigs, but these things have a hard enough time dealing with what the Cop will do to it... these guys apparently bust chains on a routine basis... and wheels, forks, frame suspension componants, cranks, anything that recieves a boot or a hand. I saw one of their rigs- Frankenweld!!! Plus, NO coaster brakes! They 'rachit' drive these things, inch fraction by inch fraction, while standing in the pedals barely moving so's to see OVER a crowd without being noticed.When they DO take off, any noise gives the game away. So, no motors... they did think it is a cool bike, though...
Meanwhile, there's a fellow running a bike shop down there who wants to be a dealer for these things! More $$$ in Wenatchee than here, so we're working out the details. All-in-all not too shabby... just not what I'd planned.
the Old Sgt.:whistle:

all i can say is that if the cops get them the gerneral public should to, and the same laws shoud aply when not chasing someone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back