'power' cable on magneto

Josh_wilcoxx

Local time
12:46 PM
Useless question, I'm just curious. Has anyone used the 'power' cable coming off the magneto? I've heard they only put out 3-6 watts so not much power at all. But if they're there I'd assume someone has done it, right?

Useless question, I'm just curious. Has anyone used the 'power' cable coming off the magneto? I've heard they only put out 3-6 watts so not much power at all. But if they're there I'd assume someone has done it, right?

White Wire, it's suggested not to use it to power anything because it robs power needed for spark, Just cut it off

I asked the "White Wire" question before, just for fun, to see what people though

I just heat shrink the white wire & never used it. But I've heard that they rob voltage from your spark.

Yes I tried to power a light, a LED headlight. The light would just flicker and the engine had no power. It's better to just cut that white wire off at the coil.

Please learn basic electronic theory before doing dumb stuff like this...

I just heat shrink the white wire & never used it. But I've heard that they rob voltage from your spark.
White Wire, it's suggested not to use it to power anything because it robs power needed for spark, Just cut it off
Yes I tried to power a light, a LED headlight. The light would just flicker and the engine had no power. It's better to just cut that white wire off at the coil.
It's not a true DC power source, at all. I don't know what the power curve is because I haven't seen it however, it's designed and made to provide spark to a coil and not power to an LED or any such thing.

Big difference.

I have learned. My magneto doesn't even have the cable. I was just curious.aaaa

I understand that, and I'm not trying to be a d*** or anything. The magneto puts out a pulse intended to ingnite the spark plug/coil/etc, and that's it. Trying to use it for any thing other than that is asking for electrical problems, spark problems which = running issues. If you want a constant DC voltage for something use battery powered 'whatever' you're looking for, depending on what it is. There are many Headlights out there to purchase,

There are many Headlights out there to purchase,
These are the ones I use myself and have been for about 6 years now...I have a pair of them on the front and three taillights on the rear...It bloody well looks like Christmas at night when im going down the road with these suckers strobing away...lol.

And I got these for extra tail lights and/or side marker lights to go along with it.

These lights will also recharge with sunlight and will power a dead cell phone as well if you need to...They also have built in horns as well...Both links have a video so you can see how they work before you buy...Im happy with them.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

scroll to the bottom of the page to see all their kit options. They work freaking awesome with a 4amp/hr lead acid battery.

Ps: these are what I use with their 12v coil. The seller is a good seller, and can answer questions about their product. So I tried one, and I love them. Easy to install, and use, and they have kits that come with a small battery pack if you want something like that. I use a bigger battery, "cause I like big. lol

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back