Whizzer Motor Removal 1999

This is where I definitely have no mechanical ability whatsoever. I succeeded in using a 3claw puller to get the flywheel off - you can see the divet in the bolt head, but this is keeping me from getting the motor off completely. Not quite sure what to do next - how to remove the wiring harness that goes in behind the stator.

Attachments

• 1999-stator.jpg
    1999-stator.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 1999-stator-wiring.jpg
    1999-stator-wiring.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 81
This is where I definitely have no mechanical ability whatsoever. I succeeded in using a 3claw puller to get the flywheel off - you can see the divet in the bolt head, but this is keeping me from getting the motor off completely. Not quite sure what to do next - how to remove the wiring harness that goes in behind the stator.
The wires that go behind the stator are hooked to the stator, They don't come off
Follow the wiring harness up to the plugs under the tank and unplug the wires
Remove the 2 mounting screws in the front of the stator to remove the stator

Yes it's a good Idea to remove the stator so ya don't damage it when putting on a new top end

It looks really clean you don't even need to spray it with electrical cleaner

The wires that go behind the stator are hooked to the stator, They don't come off
Follow the wiring harness up to the plugs under the tank and unplug the wires
Remove the 2 mounting screws in the front of the stator to remove the stator
Ah, okay now I get it, thank you.
How do you like them apples? Now to unscrew some bolts and remove the thing, right?

Attachments

• 1999-stator-removed.jpg
    1999-stator-removed.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 78
What in the hell is the world coming to? I wouldn't expect this to be a top-notch design, but maybe there's a history here? Is this to replicate what it was like on a 1951?

Attachments

• 1999-battery-case.jpg
    1999-battery-case.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 74
I assume you took the bolt out under the engine as there is a third mounting point there... not trying to insult, but just checking

Attachments

• IMG_3314.JPG
    IMG_3314.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4098.JPG
    IMG_4098.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 77
Back