back to the Whizzer

hasn't been able to save, in the past...
Your not being careful LOL

That gasket will stay in one piece and probably stick to either the case or the side cover but not both
Tip: Pull the side cover out a little and using a putty knife pry the gasket away from the surface it's not sticking too

If someone put a gasket glue on it, It'll probably rip when the side cover is removed.

My side cover gasket sticks to the case and the side cover comes right off with no help from a putty knife

and order a new gasket...
Yes it's always a good idea to have an extra gasket or gaskets in stock
Because when your working on your bike that's the last thing ya wanna do is make gaskets or order gaskets
So order what ya can and make what ya can so at a moments notice you'll have that gasket you need,

That's if your gonna keep your bike because in post #3 you sounded ready to give up

I finally got the side cover off...gasket in 6 pieces...and I was careful or it would have been more...
So, is this the correct advance? If so, how come the engine has no power?
Now to find a gasket...any ideas? Or use gasket maker?

Attachments

• Whizzer timing gear.JPG
    Whizzer timing gear.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 20
I finally got the side cover off...gasket in 6 pieces...and I was careful or it would have been more...
So, is this the correct advance? If so, how come the engine has no power?
Now to find a gasket...any ideas? Or use gasket maker?
Not sure why ya had so much trouble with the gasket as I can take side covers off and the gasket never gets ripped
I just popped the side cover off an extra engine I got to show ya the gasket and timing marks
Gasket stuck to the case and not the sidecover
DSCF3987.JPG

Anyways your timing marks are correct
Since Paul @ whizzercruzzer parts has left us parts are harder to source in the USA

I didn't see any side cover gaskets on e bay but they still can be ordered from Taiwan
@ https://wc1manufacturer.myecrater.com/c/1954224/my-ebay page 6 has the complete gasket set $22

Or you can make your own gasket or use RTV gasket maker

I'm not sure why your engine has no power
You say it starts on the first kick, which is a good sign

You say it can't climb a slight hill, You'll need to pedal assist to get the bike to climb a hill from a stop
Best way to climb hills is approach hills at full speed

How does your bike run on the flat, does she sputter or bog and if so when, What's your top speed

Check the the gas tank petcock screen for dirt of paint chips

You should scrape any paint off from around the filler neck anyways or the gas cap will scrape it off for you and paint chips will get in the tank
DSCF7751.JPG

DSCF7755.JPG

By hill, I mean a very slight rise...most people would say it was almost flat. I've never driven it more than 100ft so don't know the top speed. Gravity makes it go 5 mph, maybe... engine is running. It just completely bogs down with the slightest rise. Would putting it back to stock timing make more torque? Your gasket material looks like the "good stuff". The one I got from Paul was just paper and fell apart as I carefully took it off. I looked at Paul's website and while new gaskets are $4, the shipping is 26.90. So, I used some Victor Reinz material made my own. Seems no sense putting it back together, expecting different results....maybe someone else needs a project....btw, gas tank is spotless and has been...

Back