Whizzer Motor Removal 1999

What in the hell is the world coming to? I wouldn't expect this to be a top-notch design, but maybe there's a history here? Is this to replicate what it was like on a 1951?
That's a insulation pad barrier for the battery so it don't rub on the metal box
You don't want that battery bouncing around in the metal box do ya

I cut some outta Felpro rubber/fiber gasket material and glued it on all 5 surfaces inside the box,

I assume you took the bolt out under the engine as there is a third mounting point there... not trying to insult, but just checking
I just noticed your battery box has an open back with a bar across it, the back on mine is full, just like a box
You can try glue that sheet of pad inside It'll probably stay put
Or better yet cut strips of gasket material and or that pad ya got and glue it on all surfaces
If ya don't have a batter box cover Paul can get ya one

That's a insulation pad barrier for the battery so it don't rub on the metal box
You don't want that battery bouncing around in the metal box do ya

I cut some outta Felpro rubber/fiber gasket material and glued it on all 5 surfaces inside the box,
Nah, I get it. That piece falls out a lot so I'll glue it into place. I was also thinking it didn't have a cover, but I just found the cover for mine :D

What in the hell is the world coming to? I wouldn't expect this to be a top-notch design, but maybe there's a history here? Is this to replicate what it was like on a 1951?

I glued strips of gasket material in my battery box
DSCF2486.JPGDSCF2490.JPG

I have a few small sheets of rubber I use for stuff like that
yeah, it's a rubber fiber gasket material and it had to be thin 1/32" or the battery wouldn't fit in the box ,
The sides are tight but the battery slides in easily and there is air space at the top for any heat ventilation
My battery is snug as a bug in a rug :LOL:

I saw a picture - in this thread - with a chrome battery cover, where do I get one of those? This also has different brake light/turn signal, and a rack....sweet! Not a big fan of the handlebars but this one looks well preserved.

Attachments

• DSCN2681.JPG
    DSCN2681.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 67
Although this is off topic, not sure where else to ask.... my WC-1 only has a left side rear view mirror. I see there is a place for one on the right. Did is come with only one? (my Dad gave this to me so I'm not sure if it had one when new). I'm sure I can get one for the right side.

Hi All, how many bolts shall be removed to remove this motor once and for all?

Attachments

• 1999-motor-mount1.jpg
    1999-motor-mount1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 1999-motor-mount2.jpg
    1999-motor-mount2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 70
Back