Puget Sound, Washington State

biken stins

Local time
12:11 AM
Each year there is a poker run on Vashon Island.
Sponsored by the VME( Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts).
Has any Wizzer or motorbike rider attended ?
Last time I was there, scooters were there.
Does any one know how officers of the law feel about the motorbike traveling Vashon roads.
Always had a good time at this event. It is a real site to see so many different motorcycles lined up on main street. All years,makes,and models.
The down side is is usually held the same day as antique swap meet in the area.
Know there has been some over night camping but no idea of if one still can.
There is a small donation for the run. And food at last check point, hope there still is.
It is a island so ferry travel in a must.
Like I said its a HOOT. A poker run, Not a race.
Anyone have info on this ?
Thanks.

You could do Vashon no problem. When is it, or was it? Police around here don't care and definately wouldn't during "Isle De Crashon"! I've been many times on various steeds!

The antique swap meet was this weekend. Word of mouth will get it passed around.
Rumor has it at the end of the month.
The "crashon" hits it on the head.
Remember it is not a race.
Right.

Basically Augi, looks like bikenstins is in the loop and I got some friends in the loop, we'll get the dates posted as soon as we know.
If you haven't been it's a pretty good time; you just catch a ferry to Vashon and follow the bikes into town.

Looks like it is the 30th of Aug.
This is a good poker run.
If you like old bikes you will like this.
VME is a good club. If you have been to the international bike show in Seattle you have seen some of ther bikes. Riding works of art.
No disrespect to the VME MC for this posting.
Hopefully some old bikes and motor bicycles will attend.
Please support them and the locals.
See you there.

http://www.soundrider.com/archive/events/isle_of_vashon.htm

http://vme.micapeak.com/vashon.html

Yeah, I joke but I don't mean any disrespect. I used to go to meetings when they were at Teddy's in Roosevelt in the early '90's! It'll be a great time and they'll get a kick out of us showing up.

It'd be great if we could catch the same ferry out to Vashon; coming off the ferry w/ all the bikes is fun!

well, you've made it sound like a true blast...and my recent road-trip demonstrated that (genuine) big-bikers have an appreciation for our contraptions & aren't afraid to admit "that's COOL, bro!"

but, budget won't let me make it...this time. lots of pics and write-ups please :cool:

sounds great i am in!! what time are we leaving loyd?
leave are cars at pt defiance?
i will stop be this weekend.

Back