Pull Start pull start not easy to pull

Since I dont have moderators hovering over my head (or atleast I don't think so lol:giggle:)-

To pull it properly, grab the starter with your good hand, put your other hand on the bike or step on your pedal to hold down the bike, and pull. When you pull, pull slowly until you feel the starter grab the engine (get stiff), then pull hard. This prevents damage to the starter. And don't pull up with both hands to your chest/face and stop. Pull with one hand, up across your chest and to the side of your body so that you have the longest pull length.

Ok that was pretty technical for such a small action:rolleyes:

You want pull resistance, because that means compression. and compression means POWER!!!!!!!!!

Thats easy to say.It's very hard to pull.If I don't have foot or hand on bike
i can lift it by the pull start rope.I do know how they work but it's no go on this one.I also have a skyhawk engine with a pull start and it works fine.

Wan, is it stock compression?...............(If it's higher compression, you better look out?!)

I would like to have one, but with a high compression head, I'm told that I would be wasting my $$$................

Glen.

yes it's stock z280cc.I also ordered a thicker head gasket it's twice as thick as the normal one and it's still very hard too pull.

I wish someone would tell how to get it easier to pull?I wonder if I could put another thick head gasket on without really losing power or hurting the engine.I can pull it slow but it's not fast enough to start it.I pulled hard last night and broke the pull start.

have you considered pulling an old compression release off a dead moped and fitting it to your head?

I think for now I will just pedal start it when I get better weather,but wanted the pull start for father he's almost 70.He just can't stand up and pedal.So I will modify the skyhawk engine bike for him.
It has a pull start and it's fairly easy too pull.Thanks guys.

Back