now that I am older -- seem at many times to come back

and bite me on my mountain butt.......

Mountainman
don't do the crime if you can't do the time

young man was just sentenced the other day to 35 years in prison
young man told the judge that he COULD NOT do 35 years
the judge said no problem
just DO AS MANY AS YOU CAN !!!!

be careful not to ride those THINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent point Mountainman.:D:D

All I know is the local law enforcement (RCMP) around here know the difference between a 50cc and a 6.5HP(whatever the cc is).

The MOTTO of the RCMP in Canada is, THEY ALWAYS GET THERE MAN.:cry::cry:

35 years is no slap on the wrist.Must of been something pretty serious.

Seriously funny.

It's an old joke, a variation of which somewhat more poignant is the defendant is an old man , who obviously won't live 35 years and telling the judge that he gets the reply "then do what you can".

Cold.

Happy Valleys sttaightened this one out

It's an old joke, a variation of which somewhat more poignant is the defendant is an old man , who obviously won't live 35 years and telling the judge that he gets the reply "then do what you can".

I never have been one to tell jokes much
certainly not as good as most

HV got it right as far as that joke -- should have went

I play horse shoes sometimes -- does close count ?

ride that thing

I've been wanting to build a motored bike for a while, then considered buying a pedal moped, now I'm back on the idea of a 4 stroke motored bike. The research I've been stumbling accross have been mixed. Some MB's get harrassed by police, some don't. All things considered the letter of the law still boils down to definitions. A bicycle is a two or three wheeled (tricycle or tandem) powered by human pedal power. Add a motor and it gets a little gray as to which catagory it belongs in; Motor assisted bicycle, Motored bicycle, Moped, motorcycle. A bicycle was not originally fitted from the factory with lights, brake lights, rear view mirrors, etc. Looking at all the definitions (and they very from state to state), there are no provisions for a motorized pusher trailer. Doesn't mean it's illegal. And if it's a quick disconnectable from bike, then the bicycle is still a bicycle. Bottom line. Being that the power device is pushing two separate vehicles, the engine size or HP might be able to be slightly higher and still be legal. Now the federal definitions say one thing beneficial to our interests, but state and local definitions are different from the feds and sometimes lessens the output performance of our MBs. To be safe, Headlight, tail light, brake light, one rear view mirror on left handlebar. Those would be the minimums that could keep you from being harrassed (and top speed of course). I'm leaning towards a motored pusher on a single wheel trailer that's easily disconnected from stock bike. Still need to check at the state level for the specifics of modified, motored bikes to include a lawyer. Carrying a copy of the state laws and definitions on your MB at all times might just be your get out of harrassment free card. "When going into battle, make sure your guns are loaded."

Back