Rack Mount Happy Times

Hello Fello Motor-Cyclists,

So I have completed by build, after a couple of test runs took her for a ride to work this morning. Ran very well, trip is just on 15KM (9.3miles). Ran the motor for 15 minutes with 10 minute breaks (peddling).
Only one problem, I think my chain is made from Bungee Cord, had to retention the chain twice.

Here are some pictures (taken with Cell phone so no so sharp) :whistle:

20140110_075508.jpg20140110_075425[1].jpgSilverback Reno2.jpgSilverback Reno1.jpg

On my e-bike, I had to move my SLA batteries from the rear rack to the frame triangle for the same reason. The bike was very tough to handle at low speeds and when stopped for a light.

ha ha yeah batteries weight a ton, I feel I should have bit the bullet and gone for an electric kit.
mainly build the bike to use when not in the mood to use my normal peddle bike to work but see the amount of tinkering required I am having second thoughts. The electric kits are just very expensive.

Hello all, so after three weeks of hammering away at my bike it is about ready, took it for a long ride around the neighborhood and it ran really well, little bit of 4 stroking but I think that is just because I over did it with the oil fuel mixture.
Today I shall take it for a ride to work and see how it goes.
Will post some pictures if I make it to the office. :cry:

Okay so My ride to work went well :D Still a bit of 4 stroking but not as bad as it was.
Balance feels much better now that the motor is lower.
Also made up a second chain guide to stop the chain from hitting the one down bar of the frame when going over bumps. Chomps through the frame like a saw. Loctite working well to keeps bolts nice and tight.
Here are some pics of the changed build.

MB1.jpg
MB2.jpg
MB3.jpg
MB4.jpg