Rear Sprocket doesn’t fit

Jakes66cc

Local time
11:26 AM
Hello everyone,
I’ve started my first build today and i guess i also ran into my first problem. The rear sprocket that came with the kit does barely fit the back wheel frame, leaving no clearance for the chain. What should i do? My three ideas were to either buy another smaller rear sprocket (i would have to wait for it to come and for that i think im way too obnoxious), cut off a little piece from the frame, just enough to let the chain go through and leave a little clearance, or sand the outter rubber disc a bit so that there is more space between the sprocket and the frame. What is the best solution? Are there other ways to fix this?
Thank you in advance, Jake

Attachments

• 36F6C2AB-DF9D-4A78-B21E-8E0F7E479B53.jpeg
    36F6C2AB-DF9D-4A78-B21E-8E0F7E479B53.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 161
  • F35F45AB-E68A-459D-B43B-5CA6593ECC29.jpeg
    F35F45AB-E68A-459D-B43B-5CA6593ECC29.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 175
Btw yes the bolts are not yet tightened. I didn’t want to go through the process before fixing it and tightening them wouldn’t help it much anyways (If that’s what you may be thinking). Thanks

What side you putting the sprocket ?
The bike is upside down in the picture it is easier to work on that way, the sprocket is on the other side of the bike’s stock sprockets (left side)

The 3 bolt sprocket adaptor is the better way to go anyway.get the 1” one

I’m having trouble copying a link at ebay

Last edited:

1" (25mm) / 1.5" (38mm) CNC Adapter Sprocket 32T-44T For 80cc Motorized Bicycle
Yeah i saw that one, unfortunately i am from Europe and it would take ages for that to come especially during this lock down..

Ok lay the sprocket flat on it side. It should be curved put it outward might help try and see after tightening it . Just try it and see.

I’m having trouble copying a link at ebay
He has a 1.5" hub on that wheel.

Tighten it up, you'll probably get another 1/4" clearance. If not, try that wheel on the road bike frame or you'll have to bend your frame.

Back