Red Rider 70's Retro Chopper

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Mile High Chop-Ped, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Red Rider 70's Retro Chopper

2. istbenz

istbenz Guest

:!: :!: :!: :!: WOW :!: :!: :!: :!:

me likes it! :D
  3. damn that's so cool!
  4. Tom

Tom Active Member

Oh man that is way too cool!!!!!!
  5. seat

How did you make that seat? Did you buy it aftermarket or make it from the original banana? looks great but without my exhaust on, i bet i'd destroy you :)
  6. The seat is a NOS Italian made 70's chopper seat. Found it on eBay and just modified it to fit the bike. I don't know about without your exhaust but on a 2 Stroke motor you really need and exhaust to run right. The one on this is a Bullet moped expansion chamber and really seem to give some extra punch. I don't know how fast it will go yet as I am still breaking it in. I did give it a little goose up to 32 the other day. It is so hard to keep from giving a good long twist.
  7. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Guest

Just out of curiosity, what size pipe did you use for the header pipe?
  8. I am not sure what size it is. I got a pipe and the engine mount together then cut down the pipe and stuck a bullet made for a PUCH moped on the end. They use the same pipe for the 49cc or 70cc on mopeds.
  9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

holy-freakin-moly, i luv it!! :twisted:
  10. tirebiter

tirebiter Guest

Very cool! I like it a lot. :D I'm working on one similar to it right now. What tank is that?
  11. The tank is the 2.3 Gal Harley 883 Sportster tank. Mounted it using skateboard bushings.
  12. tirebiter

tirebiter Guest

Thanks. I don't mean to copy but that's the same look I'm going for. I've rode motorcycles for 45 years and a Harley Hummer was my first. I built a few choppers in the '70s and that style is still my favorite.
  13. No problem the Peanut tank does give a nice 70's feel and the small one is just the right length. Plus there are lots of them around because they just look too small on the 883 so a lot of people change them out. If you get a hold of one and have any mounting questions just shoot me an note.
  14. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

man that's a beautiful bike! Is that the chopper kit from ebay? (the one with the sprocket adapter and the 48cc engine...etc?) if smooth did everything go together? I've bought a Stingray last's aching for an engine.
  15. Cookie

Cookie Guest

ONE word ...ok more than one

DAMN!!!!! that is BIT**ing

16. I did use the Livefast sprocket adaptor, but not the rest of their kit. I used a different mount and pipe. The engine is a 70/80cc. Every one of those parts needed a little tweaking. As I was doing it I was thinking that their kit might have been easier. It all worked out in the end.
  17. tirebiter

tirebiter Guest

I think I've got the same mount you do....from a guy in Ohio. I was planning to get the sprocket adaptor from Livefast. Did that need tweaking too? It looks like a good way to mount the sprocket on that hub.
  18. The one I got must have had a new batch of cap screws and the head was too big to fit the resets in the hub so I had to bore them out a little. Livefast uses the slotted sprockets and the one I had was just the holes so I had to elongate the holes in the sprocket just a little to make it fit. I talked to them and they have the problem fixed as far as the cap screws.
  19. tirebiter

tirebiter Guest

I bought my 80cc from Livefast so I've got a slotted sprocket. Thanks for the feedback milehigh. 8)
  20. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

look'in good

very nice job with the bike!!!