Replacing Axle

My bearing is a 6000RS

I saw Riskman's post on his bent rim thing. CDH sells axle kits for their mags, none are the same style as mine though. I'm gonna email these guys too.

Sucks man. Yesterday was my last day of a long vacation. No time for love, Dr. Jones!

EDIT: ADDED AXLE KITS AND REMOVED BEARINGS
Yes they do. It comes with the bearings as well. They are sending me a new kit. The bearings were already mounted in the hub of the wheel. The axel is straight rod threaded at each end (longer on the sprocket end). Held into the bearings with retainer nuts (cones?) and then locked down with a second set of nuts against that one. And I did try to find nuts for this axel today at ACE and it did not fit any of their metric thread jigs so I am sure it is that odd 9mm size. The bike shop did give me two free end nuts form the parts bin, NC.

Attachments

• CDH Mag axel kit.jpg
    CDH Mag axel kit.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 126
Yes they do. It comes with the bearings as well. They are sending me a new kit. The bearings were already mounted in the hub of the wheel. The axel is straight rod threaded at each end (longer on the sprocket end). Held into the bearings with retainer nuts (cones?) and then locked down with a second set of nuts against that one. And I did try to find nuts for this axel today at ACE and it did not fit any of their metric thread jigs so I am sure it is that odd 9mm size. The bike shop did give me two free end nuts form the parts bin, NC.
Well, now that I posted that picture and looking at the photo closer than I did yesterday, that bushing in center of the axel on both the front and back must be imbedded in the bearing sets and the part that I was installing was just the straight rod into that retained long bushing.

that bushing in center of the axel on both the front and back must be imbedded in the bearing sets
If im correct, i believe they need to be "pressed" into place, fairly simple to do by going to a machine shop etc. if you dont have tools like this at home, and would be cheap to do as well...DAMIEN

If im correct, i believe they need to be "pressed" into place, fairly simple to do by going to a machine shop etc. if you dont have tools like this at home, and would be cheap to do as well...DAMIEN
I thought that center was machined into it. Like an 11mm original, 10mm bearing thingys, and whatever the thread is.

This weekend I will look to see if that is a sleeve that I could remove and put onto a different axle.

CDH responded, no go... I am glad their customer service responds so quickly.

From now on, I am going to make sure the axles are easily replaceable before I buy a wheel.

Back